Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Osella
    Well, there is a tale from around 5 years ago that Max Mosley felt immensely frustrated with a certain team boss who was (he felt) in reality not that intelligent...
    Something to do with this perhaps?
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think after Stoddy left for CCWS, I think Max has started to get brave and flex his muscles more. He's certainly put Ron in his place. Not that I feel Ron needed to be.

How corrupt is F1??? Maybe we will find out. So judging by the court hearing the FIA value Renault more than Mercedes.......Mercedes did not threaten to quit F1 if they were fined. Perhaps all the manufactures should start their own series, and make their own rules. Ferrari has been doing it in F1 for years.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX_THRUST
    I think after Stoddy left for CCWS, I think Max has started to get brave and flex his muscles more. He's certainly put Ron in his place..
    I dont think Max ever took Stoddart too seriously.

As for the decision on Renault - WEAK. They didnt have the balls punish Renault from fear of Ghosn pulling the plug and that is weak. Renault should have gotten punished, this decision makes FIA look really weak. WEAK.
    I am dissapointed.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    The transcript from the Renault hearing has been released:

http://www.fia.com/public/Transcript_6_Dec_2007.pdf
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    The transcript from the Renault hearing has been released:

http://www.fia.com/public/Transcript_6_Dec_2007.pdf
    Perhaps if the redacted parts were not redacted, it would all be clearer, but it seems that the big difference between Mac and Renault, was how Mac handled the investigation against them, as in "we have investigated and there is nothing", unlike Renault. And of course the Mac lawyer making a fuss with MaX about "aggressive" investigation of mac, which never actually occurred until after the stuff about emails came to light, as correctly pointed out by MaX.

As to use, by Renault, there seems to be some viewing, and just maybe or maybe not some design work influenced by the stuff--do not try something because it will not work kind of stuff, but nothing where something was actually built, used and tested based on the Mac data --unlike the type of testing and race strategy used by MAc of ferrari data with the FA emails and then this last inspection of Mac by FIA.

What is apparent is the shoddy nature of the hearing, MaX's domination (did the other members of the council know better than to open their mouths when invited to do so by MaX, or were they just too clueless to be able to ask what time it was---or maybe both?), the argumentative nature of both lawyers who seem to be more concerned about rhetoric rather facts....and the lack of real time devoted to the actual "facts" or even questioning of witnesses---of course without the redactions, then the "appearance" might change. Then 25 minutes of "deliberation" is hardly enough time for maX to tell the other members what to do.....that part that is ommitted there, would certainly be most interesting to hear what they had to say among themselves, if anything other than listen to maX!!!

Grade on the actual hearing: F minus.

Result: What Mac got at the first hearing, because of clear cooperation and disclosure from Renault, which has never happenned from MAc (unless you call disclosure of the FA emails as such, and the latest round of mac investigation where Mac admits to not coming clean, but thanks to the FIA more stuff was found---but then when does cofesssion toa crime warrant "no punishemnt? he confessed to murder, he apolgized to all, promised never to ado it , so okay go free). Or otherwise, it is far more likely that they just did it, cause that is what they did with Mac at the first hearing

Ultimate Conclusion: That the idea of establishing a set of rules and requiring strict observation is a joke, and the real purpose is to use all this to manipulate things to make it a "show" to keep public interest up, because if Mac or Renault were not there in 2008 and putting on a good show, it would damage overall revenue.

This series of hearings is the same as what goes on in "pro Werrstling" in the USA, entertaining in form, worthless as to substantive merit
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: