Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    Are you sure of that? I had a chance to find brilliant spectation points at last NORF and there Loeb cut the corners as greedy as Marcus and Mikko.
    i agree when it comes to finland, i watched the onboard camera of marcus vs loeb on finland and marcus is smoother and neater. that is because it's his home ground though. else where can be different. but the citreon is too good when it comes to shorter and tighter corners, it's engine sound vividly more responsive.

marcus doubting mikko can challenge loeb:
    “I think they can do well,” he asserted. “The car is very good – it's strong, reliable and quick, and Mikko has had a good season with three wins this year. I'm sure he can win many rallies, but it will be difficult to beat Sébastien. Can Mikko fight with Loeb until the end of the championship next year? I don't think so.” crashnet

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Gronholm has his doubts about 'champion' Hirvonen:
    "I'm sure he can win many rallies, but it will be difficult to beat Sébastien. Can Mikko fight with Loeb until the end of the championship next year? I don't think so.”

It is my thoughts as well.

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/...challenge.html

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FocusChampion
    Gronholm has his doubts about 'champion' Hirvonen:
    "I'm sure he can win many rallies, but it will be difficult to beat Sébastien. Can Mikko fight with Loeb until the end of the championship next year? I don't think so.”

It is my thoughts as well.

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/...challenge.html
    It's relatively unknown how Mikko will perform next year, but yes, this is the right attitude to handle such questions. First, it will mobilize Mikko to prove Bosse is wrong, and second, it's always better to say little but do a lot more, vs. the opposite.
    BTW, that's why Suzuki looks like a fool right now, they shouted up loud that they will fight for the title in 2008, then comes the excuses. Not good.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SanjayKumar
    Year before last I predicted that Mikko would be the 2008 champion and now it seems as though he could very well do that. He has shown huge improvement this year and speed that could keep up with the best next year. With Marcus leaving, he will be the lead driver so hopefully he steps up a little bit and claims that 2008 Driver's Title!

Plus, it would provide a change of scenery from Seb (Love the guy, but Mikko will be champion!)

When I've read the title of the thread I was expecting it would have been Ste898 who wrote it !!!

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I think Mikko will be able to challenge Sebastien but not for the title. There are about six or seven rallies where Mikko can fight for the win but on tarmac he is only fighting for second position.

I'm afraid Sordo will be in front of Hirvo on tarmac

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    I'm afraid Sordo will be in front of Hirvo on tarmac
    That was exactly what I meant.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes I think it will be Sebs again next year, would be nice to see the new Impreza competitive but that will be half way through the year so hopefully match fit for the 2009 season.

My hopes are on Latvala, his turn of speed over the last few events show that he has got the pace, just needs to gain experiance and keep it on the road.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Curious to see how everyone will do with the new tires next year myself. I think that is going to change the big picture. I think Mikko will be much better next year and will challenge. I also like Latvala to come through with a few wins and really push Loeb.

Will make for some spectacular theater.
    Quant Suff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoximus
    Curious to see how everyone will do with the new tires next year myself. I think that is going to change the big picture.
    Will make for some spectacular theater.
    Good point. The use of mousse or any other anti-deflation device being outlawed, new tyres are a radical change.

Not to mention that they probably will suit better to one particular car. We don't know which one yet.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Weren't the Pirelli's always good on tarmac but rather lacking on gravel? Or was it the other way around?
    Quant Suff