Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Who would be fastest around the Top Gear test track

We've seen F1 drivers have a go with the Suzuki Liana, most recently Lewis Hamilton. But if they let WRC drivers loose on there would they do any better?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Who knows. I personally think when someone is quite in something with 4 wheels then they're quick full stop. Sebastien is testing a Renno F1 car soon. So we'll see how fast he is in an F1 car
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    We've seen F1 drivers have a go with the Suzuki Liana, most recently Lewis Hamilton. But if they let WRC drivers loose on there would they do any better?
    I would have expected the 'Stig' to have been the out and out fastest, as he pounds round that track so often, and obviously has driven many laps in the Suzuki - it does not say much for him that he isn't.

If you go for the theoretical 'who would be quickest' and can include F1 drivers past and present, I reckon Jimmy Clark would be the fastest, as he was a natural in a saloon car.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmm, A battle F1 vs rallying, long time no see. I guess in a track F1 drivers would have the edge while rally men would excel in roads. But drivers of the caliber of Seb, Marcus, Makinen, KKK, Sainz, Colin could put a fight to anyone.

I indeed would love to see Loeb doing a serious 2 or 3 days test in an F1 car.
    Cheers
    David
    Take the pedal to the metal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was thinking the exact same thing last night Mark. I'd love to see Loeb or Grönholm have a go in the Liana because I reckon they could better the F1 drivers' attempts by using a bit of sideways corning at the Hammerhead and Gambon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleJumper
    I was thinking the exact same thing last night Mark. I'd love to see Loeb or Grönholm have a go in the Liana because I reckon they could better the F1 drivers' attempts by using a bit of sideways corning at the Hammerhead and Gambon.
    I think sideways on tarmac would bring the little 100 bhp Liana almost to a dead stop, or I can just see a Scandinavian flick rolling it . But isn't Seb having a go in a Renault F1 soon? Also I see the Race of Champions has been dominated by rally men, though since going to a hard surface in Paris it's been 50/50.

The trouble is that the TG format means the driver has to do the Clarkson interview as well, which probably rules out at least 80% of them (Kimi? MS? FA? - don't think so!)
    To a guy with a new hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleJumper
    front wheel drive car without any power, I dont think I think sideways is possible.

I think a touring car driver will be able to make the most out of the car. Top Gear should have Andy Priaulx race the Liana
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    This is exactly why the Race of Champions is so fascinating: drivers from different disciplines in equal equipment on the same track
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    This is exactly why the Race of Champions is so fascinating: drivers from different disciplines in equal equipment on the same track
    Then you get rally fans bitching about how it sucks because the track is asphalt and how it favours F1 driverzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and that sends me straight to sleep.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Then you get rally fans bitching about how it sucks because the track is asphalt and how it favours F1 driverzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and that sends me straight to sleep.
    Somebody bitching? That's so negative!!! Hope they're not going to make it even worse by bitching about something that hasn't actually even happened.

Anyway.....RoC sucks because the track is asphalt and it favours F1 .

(has it worked yet?)

To a guy with a new hammer, everything looks like a nail.