Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

Coulthard critical of rookie Nakajima

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/26112007/...-nakajima.html

this is getting a bit old, as is he, for constantly complaining about other drivers. He say's it isn't sour grapes, but it totally is. Me thinks it's time for DC to gracefully exitstage right please

The old man is loosing it and desperately trying to stay relevant in the media. Let's not look at all the mistakes he's made in the 2007 with all his experience.
    Just an unnecessary and akward comment,by a driver on his last leg in F1
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Agree, it's sour grapes from DC, because a rookie got him on the outside of a turn!

Go home DC, you've lost any combative spirit you ever had.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    I can't remember seeing the incident so can't comment whether DC's criticism is valid or not.

truefan72, my memory must be going because I don't remember many errors from DC this season. Ok there was Australia when he hit Wurz and maybe Monza when contact with Fisichella damaged his front wing and sent him off the track, but overall, and taking into account reliability problems with the new Newey car, he did a decent job. He certainly did a pretty good job of finishing ahead of his team-mate in the WDC standings.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72

this is getting a bit old, as is he, for constantly complaining about other drivers. He say's it isn't sour grapes, but it totally is. Me thinks it's time for DC to gracefully exitstage right please

The old man is loosing it and desperately trying to stay relevant in the media. Let's not look at all the mistakes he's made in the 2007 with all his experience.
    What the hell are you on about? DC was speaking the full truth about Nakajima, who did make mistakes and seemed unprepared.
    DC made very few mistakes in 2007.

Why would DC have sour grapes about someone like Nakajima? That guy will never amount to anything in F1, whereas DC has scored more points than all but 3 drivers, has many wins and poles and has fought for the title. DCs racing career in F1 will reach 15 years next season, Nakajima will be lucky to
    manage 3-4 years and he even wouldnt be in f1, if it wasnt for the fact he is japanese.
    Me thinks you need to get a sense of reality.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    What the hell are you on about? DC was speaking the full truth about Nakajima, who did make mistakes and seemed unprepared.
    DC made very few mistakes in 2007.

Why would DC have sour grapes about someone like Nakajima? That guy will never amount to anything in F1, whereas DC has scored more points than all but 3 drivers, has many wins and poles and has fought for the title. DCs racing career in F1 will reach 15 years next season, Nakajima will be lucky to
    manage 3-4 years and he even wouldnt be in f1, if it wasnt for the fact he is japanese.
    Me thinks you need to get a sense of reality.
    Garry, while I think you may be being a bit harsh on Nakajima — though I do agree that he probably wouldn't be in F1 if it wasn't for his nationality, we haven't seen enough of him yet to form much of a judgment — I think your defence of Coulthard is absolutely right. He had a rather good season in 2007, and did beat his team-mate in the points, which is a useful yardstick, if not the sole one. This clearly indicates that he hasn't lost all racecraft or mechanical sympathy — far from it.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Frank Williams is in a very good financial position this year, and he doesn't have to think about selling Rosberg, his #1 driver. There's an article about it somewhere.

And guess who made this position possible? Nakajima, who must have brought this years engines gift wrapped for Frank's tanks.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Nakajima wasn't THAT bad at Brazil, he set several laps that were quicker than his teammate despite being on a one stop strategy and he's shown good pace in GP2 too, although in my opinion he's a little unpolished at the mo. If he learns a lot during testing this winter he might be a bit of a surprise.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan H
    Nakajima wasn't THAT bad at Brazil, he set several laps that were quicker than his teammate despite being on a one stop strategy and he's shown good pace in GP2 too, although in my opinion he's a little unpolished at the mo. If he learns a lot during testing this winter he might be a bit of a surprise.
    Assuming he practices making pit stops where he is NOT running over others....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72

I too am sick of DC's blathering! He's always had talent.
    But I think he is in the habit of giving too much unsolicited advice.
    A few years back when Sato made a very aggressive pass on someone I can't remember who.
    DC told him "I wouldn't have tried that if I were you." Sato replied
    "I know you wouldn't"---------- SA---Nap!!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I just cannot understand why DC is commenting on a rookie at Williams. It's not as if the guy made the spot at McLaren (that he didn't).
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout