Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Surely the title of this thread ought to be the kind of thing you see written on thin strips of paper that you find in a Christmas Cracker.

Had me chuckling..................

Now, where's that paper hat...........
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    I think McLaren should consider it.

Seriously, who's a better available alternative? Everybody other than Ralf and Fisichella are under contract. Why spend a fortune trying to buy out the contract of a guy who's potentially just as a fast as Hamilton (Rosberg) and causing a repeat of the internal strife we saw this year.

Sticking Ralf in the car will achieve a number of things:

1. Puts a German, and a Schumacher at that, in a Mercedes powered and owned team.
    2. Puts an experienced Grand Prix winner who's no real threat to Hamilton in the other car. Motivate him by paying for points and the fast Ralf from the Williams days comes back.
    3. He would take a short term deal I'm sure, leaving a McLaren seat open for 2009 when some of the top guys are off-contract.

As a short term solution I think Ralf fits. He'd be better than De La Rosa anyway.
    Good points. And thus Ralf would finish his career on a high.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    I cant see Ralfie driving at Maclaren. He is just not good enough anymore (if he ever was ).
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Seems I heard this very same rumor right after FA left, and the official line from Ralf's own manager was after a polite inquiry, the answer was NOT interested from Mac

So what has changed? nothing, unless Mercedes is saying we are interested....no matter RD

And no there is no truth that i will be taking the job, as I turned them down to keep driving the mini-van to take the kids to school
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    I suggested this scenario several weeks ago. After his exit from Toyota, and subsequent lack of attention from other teams, I believe the German is quite motivated, and we all know he's capable. I actually think he would push Lewis quite hard.

But although I know he's an outside bet, I'm still pulling for Fisi.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    I think McLaren should consider it....
    As a short term solution I think Ralf fits. He'd be better than De La Rosa anyway.
    Agreed! That's how I've been looking at it.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    For goodness sake!! This guy was cut by Toyota, and you want Ron Dennis to take Toyota's rejects?? There would be a line of good drivers ready to pounce on the vacant McLaren seat who have much better potential than Ralfie, not to mention they could possibly be better than Ralfie now.

Now if you are talking about SchM, then I would be enthusiastic because I think he'd star first up and win races and the WDC next year.

Also, there is the issue of remuneration. Ralfie isn't going to get the megabucks like he used to anymore. In fact, he might have to bring sponsors before he can land a decent drive in F1.

Better he go race saloons.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ralf is s.o.l.

There is no way he can compete in F1 anymore. Not with the amount of talent pouring out of GP 2 and other series.

Hawkmoon made a great argument, but I don't think that Ron will consider Ralf as a choice. Pedro is more likely to gain that seat than Ralf.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I thought that Heiki was going to fill the vacant position at McLaren. Unless SchM makes himself available, of course.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ron should just unbolt FA's old seat, pack it up and post it to RS.

That we, he can say he got the McLaren seat..........

Doh!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.