Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Henning Solberg

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    Of course he does. But he is doing what he wants to do, and as long as he finds the funding for it, why not? It's not like he is "stealing" others sponsors, if they would not support him they would probably support nobody at all...
    Exactly. If Hennig want's to drive for fun and can backup it with the necessary funding, then why not. Obviously he has good relationships with his sponsor. Not everybody driving in WRC want's to win the title. We should be happy anyway now we will have 3 manufacturers on full program (I don't count Mini for this or the next year, but I hope I will be wrong for the next one). With 2014 they can become even 2 more, then I guess there will be enough places for young and talanted drivers.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    So why did the GoFast sponsorship dry up last time and what's to say it won't happen again?

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sete
    is there any chance to he can be at Monte Carlo?
    Not sure he would have wanted MC, even if he could!

And as a sponsor object for EXPERT, he was super popular, both with the customers and the company. He appeal to both men and women, being a very nice person.
    The primary aim for the sponsors is not to help the driver, but to get something back, and earn more money!

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Guys, do you remeber that Henning has been much more succsessfull with "non-offiscial cars." Why not with Mini? with the team who is ready to adjust the car for his liking (because there are nor much more other people to take into account). I belive he will achieve many good results:-)
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    Actually i think the same, bluuford.
    he was "on par" with mikko with an evo 6,5, he won in germany in an fiesta s2000, and he is by far the best Mechanic in the wrc.
    this Can be good for all 3 parts in this project!
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    So why did the GoFast sponsorship dry up last time and what's to say it won't happen again?
    Nobody seems to know exactly what happened in 2012 ...

Liked 209 Times in 60 Posts
    At least, driving (when possible) a Prodrive Mini, Henning will save the entry's money and he won't beat the record from last year of five withdrawals before starting.
    S-DV 9032; TO V33681; VLE 756X; IN-NL 67; IN-NZ 9; 704 EXC 75; 294 FPF 75; TO-89095-H; K-AM 5803; K-AM 6983; L 555 BAT; N6 MRE; 206 NDP 75; X20 SRT; S600 WRT; 23 DDM 92; WOB VW 369; SP 1013...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    To my mind, DMACK would be a better sponsor for Prodrive than Go Fast. For one, they have actually maintained a presence in the category that was somewhat more substantial than backing an entire WRC team for two rounds, then changing their minds and putting a small decal on another car. And DMACK money would guarantee Prodrive the ability to take someone like Solberg, instead of depending on round-by-round sponsorship.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Swedish media reports that Henning is on the startlist and will drive a Fiesta WRC in Sweden. Maybe with GoFast sponsorship.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Henning confirmed for Sweden as he confirmed via SMS to Colin Clark.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"