Thread: BTCC 03 video

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BTCC 03 video

Just found this video on the tube of you.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bCij9mYIokA

What a fantastic battle, more action than the whole of this season put together!
    What was the class of car in 93? Super Tourers? They look so fast and more like the cars you can drive on the roads. We should go back to those days for 08!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Bit confused — the thread title refers to the '03 BTCC, the message to 1993 and the clip is from 1992!

Remember that that is an edited highlights broadcast of that final race of 1992. There was so much action that I reckon the BBC must have showed about half the actual number of laps. However, it was an incredibly dramatic encounter — one of the most electrifying I've ever seen in any formula. The scrap between Rouse, Allam and Leslie at the front was stunning, and of course the fight involving Cleland, Hoy, Harvey and Soper needs no description. I still think it ought to have been Hoy's title, as he was the best-placed of all the championship contenders for most of the race until he got pushed off by Harvey, and he could have been helped (but wasn't) by Rouse, but never mind.

Oh, and that year's TOCA Shoot-out, of which there isn't a full video on YouTube, was just as exciting despite a weak entry. The racing was simply amazing — close but so clean.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry, worte that a few beers! Should day 92 in the title.
    What a race though!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was good, was sat on the other side of the circuit though so missed the incident.

However it aint as good as this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YRz1zQTDNYk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One of the greatest lines came from Murray Walker 'I'm going for first' says Cleland

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamM
    One of the greatest lines came from Murray Walker 'I'm going for first' says Cleland
    Every time I see that it makes me laugh. I guess we will never know if Walker really knew what was being said, and was disguising the rudeness, or if he really had no idea of this rude language!
    BTCCCrazy.co.uk