Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Loeb will test Renault F1 car

Sebastien Loeb will drive a Renault R27 Formula 1 car. Despite the fact that the French carmaker is a direct competitior to the also French Citroen. The test is organised, on 5 December, on the Paul Rchard circuit, by Total/Elf. In return Heikki Kovaleinen wil drive the Citroen C4 WRcar.

Kovailainen is no stranger to WRCars, he has had succes in the Race of Champion with different kind of cars, including the Citroen XCsara WRCar. I am curieus how Loeb will do in the F1 car.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So do I.

And if I am not mistaken, Sordo will drive the Renault F1 too.

As far as Kovalainen, the last news I read states: "either Kovalainen or Fisichella will drive the C4 WRC". Maybe in case Kovalainen would join McLaren and would no more be a "Total/Elf" driver by then?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Didnt Kovalainen beat Loeb in ROC in a Xsara?
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He did beat him in 2005 (don't remenber if it was with the Xsara or with the buggy though). Actually, Loeb was first to cross the finish line but was disqualified because of a slight contact with the fence.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1LM1
    but was disqualified because of a slight contact with the fence.
    Never having shown an interest in the ROC before, I really doubt I will now
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Never having shown an interest in the ROC before, I really doubt I will now
    Yes, strange rule for rally fans like us. In 2006, each contact led to 10 seconds penalty instead of disqualification but that was the same effect.

The organizer was too afraid the track would evolve too much with all these contacts, that's why this rule existed and will continue to exist this year at Wembley I suppose.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1LM1
    He did beat him in 2005 (don't remenber if it was with the Xsara or with the buggy though). Actually, Loeb was first to cross the finish line but was disqualified because of a slight contact with the fence.
    You remember wrong. It was their second start with sport-cars were Loeb was disqualified due to hit to the wall. In the first start Kovalainen beated Loeb with Peugeot 307 wrc. Kovalainen's time was also better than all previous times set with 307 wrc (by Loeb other rally drivers).
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    well Loeb is no starnger to cuircuit racing so i think the test isn;t going to be something totally new.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Loeb raced sport prototypes in Le Mans. A (2007) F1 car is just a bit lighter, power fuller and heavier on the brakes than a sports car. It differences like a 2006 Group N to a 2007 WRCar. And it is special that a Citroen man drives a Renault car. Normally it is quite sensetive I believe, just as Japanese carnmakers don';t like to see their drivers in other Japanese cars.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    You remember wrong. It was their second start with sport-cars were Loeb was disqualified due to hit to the wall. In the first start Kovalainen beated Loeb with Peugeot 307 wrc. Kovalainen's time was also better than all previous times set with 307 wrc (by Loeb other rally drivers).
    Ok. Thanks for the full explanation. So Loeb was quicker one time out of two in his duel with Heikki. But Kovalainen won 2-0 due to Loeb disqualification. And Kovalainen was quicker with the 307 WRC, that's right. Now I remember.

And I remember also that the 307 WRC was quicker than the Xsara WRC on this track.