Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairBikeFan
    There's an interview on www.bikesportnews.com where Birdy pretty much admits he's sticking two fingers up to Grinner and Shakey. One quote is:

Bird said: “I was absolutely flabbergasted at the way they treated the team. All of the mechanics and crew had worked so hard to give them results this year and they just turned their backs on us.

“They don’t care. It’s just another pay cheque to them. This is how they repaid us for all of our hard work.

“I just had to have the last laugh. I bet both of them are kicking themselves now. We’re going to World Superbikes and they’re not.”

Which pretty much says it all. It'll be fantastic to have them in WSBK, they did really well in BSB. Stalker won't be with them, he's riding a Kwaka in WSS, but there are a lot of rumours about Lavilla signing for them.

That was my point but the mod saw it differently and would I argue with the mod!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, this mod is just a normal punter really, I don't have any inside info

I was semi-surprised to see Paul Bird's comments in full, which rather undermined what I said earlier! It was surprising given how much he likes Shakey (they won the 2003 title together) and Tom (seeing him on TV watching the races, getting pretty excited when Tom was near getting a well-deserved win). But then again, despite deserving a lot of respect for running a top-notch team Paul Bird does have a history of being a bit of a motormouth and such like. Not to mention sacking the late, great Steve Hislop after Hizzy took the 2002 title, which is understandably forgotten given Hizzy's tragic death in 2003.

However, I stand by my comments on maybe WSB not being right for Shakey or Tom right now. They are well capable of making their own decisions after all! Tom did have a brilliant debut yes, but he hasn't quite won a race yet so a second year will help him a lot. Ditto Leon Camier - similar story there, imho. My original post actually doesn't mention anything about Paul Bird, I'm not disagreeing that Paul said those things - just whether they were warranted!

Overall, it's just Paul Bird mouthing off about the pair of them in his own unique style
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patnicholls
    Not to mention sacking the late, great Steve Hislop after Hizzy took the 2002 title, which is understandably forgotten given Hizzy's tragic death in 2003.
    Not by me! This just seems like typical stuff from Paul Bird, who can hardly complain - he did s**t on Hizzy when he'd won the championship!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@S
    Not by me! This just seems like typical stuff from Paul Bird, who can hardly complain - he did s**t on Hizzy when he'd won the championship!
    If the rumours are to be believed then Birdie was provoked somewhat.

Let's just say that Hizzy had allegedly notched more than a Championship title that year ;-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    Why not give Chaz Davies a run?
    Chaz wanted the Erion Honda ride in AMA but that went to Zemske.

The Attack Kawasaki ride was then looking pretty much sorted for him. Chaz had suggested that it would be announced last Wednesday yet nothing has been forthcoming.

I reckon he's looking a good bet for the 2nd Stobart ride. Fingers crossed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Certainly Hizzy wasn't the easiest guy to work with, and did get fired rather a lot after falling out with team bosses for various reasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neninja
    Chaz wanted the Erion Honda ride in AMA but that went to Zemske.

The Attack Kawasaki ride was then looking pretty much sorted for him. Chaz had suggested that it would be announced last Wednesday yet nothing has been forthcoming.

I reckon he's looking a good bet for the 2nd Stobart ride. Fingers crossed.
    Chaz confirmed at Attack Kawasaki in AMA!

Right where he belongs.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    Chaz confirmed at Attack Kawasaki in AMA!

Right where he belongs.
    Awesome. They are a very professional and competitive team and he will do real well.
    Get off my lawn