Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    From the experience of teams already switched the tyres to bridgestone like Suzuki, they didn't have to pass struggling phase, a period when they have to make adjustment before riding comfortably.
    The switch will not too much influence the whole Rossi and Yamaha performance, unless it would be more step forward.

While they are convinced with the strength of Michelin, they decided not to make hurry switch all the tyres only to accommodate requirement of Rossi, and therefore this combination will enrich them to the more reliable tyres.

Rossi leaves for Ducati, please no!
    Hmmm maybe.... but most teams have 2 bikes/riders/teams and tyre technicians and now at least a seasons worth of various track settings to relate to?

Got to wonder also just how much support Rossi and his single Yamaha outfit will be getting from Bridgestone compared to multiple bike long term loyal manufactures Ducati, Suzuki, Kawasaki etc?

Iam sure he will adapt and do well on the BS but will it be 'THAT' much of an advantage over the other Yamaha equipped Michelins???? HorHay is sitting pretty it looks to me being on the factory Yam and now leading Michelin equipped Yam also.... Michelin are going to see that he is "extremely" well looked after, they might just go out of their way to prove something in 08!!! no doubt about that I reckon....
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have always been a fan of Valentino until he started whinging in 07'.

I hope Michelin dominate next year just to piss him off!

I believe Honda (and Dani) will dominate 08'. Honda WILL NOT allow the failures of 07' to continue for another season and we have already seen an improvement.

Also the issues Rossi has had this year have not been exclusive to Michelin.... Yamaha have failed to deliver the goods.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Valentino Rossi will be getting massive support from Bridgestone, they'll be bending over backwards to give him great tyres.
    Why? Because he's Valentino Rossi!!! There's no way in hell he is going to be behind Suzuki and Kwaka when it comes to developing tyres. That would be a PR nightmare for Bridgestone. Rossi is the star of the series.
    Apart from that, he's the best rider and has the best engineer in Jeremy Burgess. They won the title in their first year on a radically changed Yamaha with no useful data from previous years.
    I think he'll be battling for the title.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairBikeFan
    Valentino Rossi will be getting massive support from Bridgestone, they'll be bending over backwards to give him great tyres.
    Why? Because he's Valentino Rossi!!! There's no way in hell he is going to be behind Suzuki and Kwaka when it comes to developing tyres. That would be a PR nightmare for Bridgestone. Rossi is the star of the series.
    Apart from that, he's the best rider and has the best engineer in Jeremy Burgess. They won the title in their first year on a radically changed Yamaha with no useful data from previous years.
    I agree Bridgee will want to win a title with Valentino. There could be no better outcome for all parties!

As ever Valentino will be a championship threat, but he needs Yamaha to step up to the plate and deliver truly competitive machinery.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Re- Yamaha needing to 'step up' hmmm I do wonder though just how much Yamaha is to blame? Sure their down on HP but by how much really??
    Consider how the Tech 3 boys did in qualifying for a minute.... yes Dunlop can produce some great quali rubber, but you still need the grunt right!!
    Michelin are getting their act together again as proven over last few races! so what gives....is it as simple as Michelins not working on the Yamaha? if so it must be the chassis then more than lack of HP right??

Also interesting is Casey's form during the Valencia race! he was riding with soft compound Bridgestones, if Iam not mistaken he has gone with mainly medium or hards for most of the year generally. In the post race race he said his rear was going away toward the end, it sure looked to me he did not have the usual grip during much of the race either... that (soft compound) just may have been the difference more than anything else that decided the final result if you can put all biased aside. mokin:
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    I have always been a fan of Valentino until he started whinging in 07'.

I hope Michelin dominate next year just to piss him off!
    me too

imo just like his book 'what if I had never tried it' , if his right he will be a great move,if not goodbye doctor, if yamaha has not improved next season , I think he could leave moto gp imo,

I got a question just wondering, if rossi has another poor season, could rossi leave motogp for a sabbatical for 09 season,(do wrc some other rally championship), come back for 2010?
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFX...
    Hmmm maybe.... but most teams have 2 bikes/riders/teams and tyre technicians and now at least a seasons worth of various track settings to relate to?

Got to wonder also just how much support Rossi and his single Yamaha outfit will be getting from Bridgestone compared to multiple bike long term loyal manufactures Ducati, Suzuki, Kawasaki etc?

Iam sure he will adapt and do well on the BS but will it be 'THAT' much of an advantage over the other Yamaha equipped Michelins???? HorHay is sitting pretty it looks to me being on the factory Yam and now leading Michelin equipped Yam also.... Michelin are going to see that he is "extremely" well looked after, they might just go out of their way to prove something in 08!!! no doubt about that I reckon....
    Hmmm ... seems you begin to understand.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny hurlock
    me too

imo just like his book 'what if I had never tried it' , if his right he will be a great move,if not goodbye doctor, if yamaha has not improved next season , I think he could leave moto gp imo,

I got a question just wondering, if rossi has another poor season, could rossi leave motogp for a sabbatical for 09 season,(do wrc some other rally championship), come back for 2010?
    if Yamaha do not come to the party in '08........ it will be Kawasaki or Ducati in '09.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairBikeFan
    Bridgestone were forced to supply Vale with tyres against their will which is why I don't think he will be their priority. He will have their best tyres no doubt, but they won't be designed for his Yamaha.

Re- Yamaha needing to 'step up' hmmm I do wonder though just how much Yamaha is to blame? Sure their down on HP but by how much really??
    Consider how the Tech 3 boys did in qualifying for a minute.... yes Dunlop can produce some great quali rubber, but you still need the grunt right!!
    Michelin are getting their act together again as proven over last few races! so what gives....is it as simple as Michelins not working on the Yamaha? if so it must be the chassis then more than lack of HP right??
    The Yamaha was certainly down on power which can be overcome on a clear quali lap when high corner speeds can make up for speed down the straight. In the cut and thrust of racing though, it is a big disadvantage as all the opposition needs to do is baulk during a corner and all momentum is lost without the grunt to make up for it. This is why things like the old Aprilia 500cc V-Twins would often qualify ok but suck in a race. Said that, I don't reckon the Yamaha's power was all that bad by seasons end but they were definately down a bit on Ducati and Honda and possibly Kawasaki as well.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Also interesting is Casey's form during the Valencia race! he was riding with soft compound Bridgestones, if Iam not mistaken he has gone with mainly medium or hards for most of the year generally. In the post race race he said his rear was going away toward the end, it sure looked to me he did not have the usual grip during much of the race either... that (soft compound) just may have been the difference more than anything else that decided the final result if you can put all biased aside. mokin:
    Stoner purposely handicapped his Ducati so that Pedrosa would win... Stoner wanted Pedrosa to bump Rossi down to 3rd in the final standings.

Rossi certainly doesn't have the monopoly on psyching out his opponents...

; )
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"