Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Post Official: Rossi on Bridgestone, Lorenzo, Tech 3 on Michelin

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/moto...idgestone.html

rossi on bridgestone in 08, lorenzo on michelin in 08, Tech3 on michelin to believe for next season.

back on rossi this is a stupid descion going onto bridgestone is the right thing?
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    its a sham.. a farce.. whatever u want to call it..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like Lorenzo might be in a strong position with the extra Tech 3 Michelin feed back....

I just dont see how this can workout good for Rossi, especially after how Michelin seem to have bounced back now and they will be motivated all the more to show him whos right/wrong tyre wise in 08.

On top of the obvious tyre war in 08 that will surround Rossi/Yamaha he will have to deal with being on the same BS rubber now as Casey so it appears hes hedging all his bets that again Casey will be his main serious threat.....? Somehow I cant see it being that simple, now that HRC, Suzuki and Kawasaki have all got the wind up em for 08! Rossi should of stayed with Michelin and simply focused on developing the Yamaha chassis and engine further I reckon, I just cant see any advantage of having to re-tune his 'single' Yamaha for Bridgestones....
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    My guess is that he'll have another poor year and leave Yamaha... maybe for Ducati? That'd be cool.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    My guess is that he'll have another poor year and leave Yamaha... maybe for Ducati? That'd be cool.
    +1.

I'm actually worried for Vale, as he's ridden his whole career on Michelins, and it will be interesting to see the lap times in 3 weeks when the first test gets underway. As was said above, he obviously see's Casey as his threat next year.... but i think the title darkhorse is definately Pedrosa......

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think next year, using single tyres specially designed for Rossi, he will bounce back as to redeeming all the fault during the last two seasons.

I don't think he would want to be another Alonso being kicked off by a teammate rookie relating to next year Lorenso would ride the same bike as him. Riding the same bike, tyres would be determining factor to perform his sophisticated skill that other drivers might consider above on him.

Imo,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    I think next year, using single tyres specially designed for Rossi, he will bounce back as to redeeming all the fault during the last two seasons.
    That's the problem for him next year, I don't think he will have tyres specifically designed for him and Yamaha. He would be in line behind Ducati, Kawasaki and Suzuki on the pecking order as they have all been together with Bridgestone for a few years now and he will be the one songle Yamaha on Bridgies.
    I hope the Yamaha-Michelin alliance becomes a race winning combination and Lorenzo smacks Rossi just to stick it up him. And if he leaves Yamaha after next year, unless he takes a swag of sponsorship money with him for Ducati to run a 3rd bike, I don't see them having 3 factory riders. Given his hatred of Honda, he would be unlikely to return there which leaves Kawasaki and Suzuki. Hmmmm. tareup:
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sitting looking at the list of teams/riders for next year and thinking about the topsy-turvy nature of this year (Ducati dominant, Suzuki being up the front often, Kawasaki being very fast on occasion, Honda taking a while to get going, Yamaha not really with it most of the time) it is very hard to predict the form book for 2008 so far. With Jorge, JT and Colin working with Michelin, there's gonna be fierce competition within Yamaha.

I shall be doing plenty of thinking before putting together the Fantasy League prices for next year, that's for sure...
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping

I don't think he would want to be another Alonso being kicked off by a teammate rookie relating to next year Lorenso would ride the same bike as him. Riding the same bike, tyres would be determining factor to perform his sophisticated skill that other drivers might consider above on him.

Imo,
    Like your optimisum

Hmmmm its going to be a corker and Rossi is definetely going to find 08 the year for being 'hero or zero' and probably for sure the biggest challenge he will ever face in his career. I reckon we all can no doubt agree on that.... mokin:
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    From the experience of teams already switched the tyres to bridgestone like Suzuki, they didn't have to pass struggling phase, a period when they have to make adjustment before riding comfortably.
    The switch will not too much influence the whole Rossi and Yamaha performance, unless it would be more step forward.

While they are convinced with the strength of Michelin, they decided not to make hurry switch all the tyres only to accommodate requirement of Rossi, and therefore this combination will enrich them to the more reliable tyres.

Rossi leaves for Ducati, please no!