Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Argh! Get to your bank NOW!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/2/hi/...ss/7074354.stm

Credit crunch time again!!!!! Time to get to your bank and take all the money out and put it under your matress where you can't earn interest and some director can't line his pockets with your money

As the Simpsons said....

Kent Brockman: Professor, would you say it’s time to panic?
    Professor: Yes I would
    Kent Brockman: Would you also say it’s time to crack open our neighbors’ skulls and feast on the sweet goo inside?
    Professor: Yes, Kent. Yes I would.
    You heard it here first
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    BBC fill us with doom with one report then tell us that its not so bad as fewer people are going bankrupt. Can we have it both ways.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7074478.stm

Hide my money under my matress. Pah, I prefer to hide mine in the oven.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    BBC fill us with doom with one report then tell us that its not so bad as fewer people are going bankrupt. Can we have it both ways.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7074478.stm

Hide my money under my matress. Pah, I prefer to hide mine in the oven.
    That's just what those money grabbing directors of banks want you to think We're doomed! Doomed! DOOOOOMED!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    BBC fill us with doom with one report then tell us that its not so bad as fewer people are going bankrupt.
    BBC News seems to adopt the journalistic principles of the Daily Star on occasions. If they can get away with stretching the truth, they will. If not, they'll make do with an implication.

The lunchtime news on BBC One today was a good example. The presenter announced that Fernando Alonso who "has been overshadowed by Lewis Hamilton this year" is leaving McLaren. A bit much, given that they finished equal on points and both took the same number of wins. Then things got much worse. Adam Parsons was brought into the studio to run through the possible replacements, explaining that Spaniard Pedro de la Rosa is an option, and this could spell trouble. He stated: "Worryingly for Hamilton, he's a good friend of Alonso."

Another Spanish saboteur out to get our boy Lewis, eh?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Dryden
    BBC News seems to adopt the journalistic principles of the Daily Star on occasions. If they can get away with stretching the truth, they will. If not, they'll make do with an implication.

The lunchtime news on BBC One today was a good example. The presenter announced that Fernando Alonso who "has been overshadowed by Lewis Hamilton this year" is leaving McLaren. A bit much, given that they finished equal on points and both took the same number of wins. Then things got much worse. Adam Parsons was brought into the studio to run through the possible replacements, explaining that Spaniard Pedro de la Rosa is an option, and this could spell trouble. He stated: "Worryingly for Hamilton, he's a good friend of Alonso."

Another Spanish saboteur out to get our boy Lewis, eh?
    [sarcasm]First the Portuguese take OUR Maddie and now this! I'd be happy if they just bombed the Iberian peninsula back to the stone age. [/sarcasm]

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have always been surprised by the headlines regarding the day-behaviour of the markets. Anyone who has payed the slightest attention to the markets know that many things can drive one day of trade up or down. But doesn't necessarily make a tendency.

It looks to me like very cheap journalism to publish those articles.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    [sarcasm]First the Portuguese take OUR Maddie and now this! I'd be happy if they just bombed the Iberian peninsula back to the stone age. [/sarcasm]
    what do you mean "our maddie" your south african arent you!!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm being sarcastic and my passport says i'm australian but I live in the UK.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I'm being sarcastic and my passport says i'm australian but I live in the UK.
    And he drives a French car with the Finnish flag on the back, what a mongrel :