Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hildebrand bettered Cameron on the same team and using the same equipment in the 2006 F2000 Championship - 12 wins to 2. Be interesting to see how he does with the "old team" in the IPS. Cameron took over Hildebrand's place at Genoa, and did great at the Monterey test. Maybe they could both go!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to look at JR during the IPS season. He may have potential. Remember that Cameron won the Formula Palmer Audi Autumn Trophy in the same year with Team USA scholarship team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I were to keep an eye out for future american F1 stars, what series would I have to keep up with besides IPS and F2000. How would an american youngster get his start in open wheel racing after karting(excluding midget car/spring car racing)? Formula ford doesn't exist in NA anymore correct?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fightinchunk
    If I were to keep an eye out for future american F1 stars, what series would I have to keep up with besides IPS and F2000. How would an american youngster get his start in open wheel racing after karting(excluding midget car/spring car racing)? Formula ford doesn't exist in NA anymore correct?
    Formula Ford is still running.

http://www.pacificf2000.com

I would say to look over an Atlantic driver as well. IPS won't get you anywhere unless that team has interest

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's a tough question to answer. The U.S. talent pool committed to a formula career is pretty small. Most of the top talent is going to go into stock cars or Indycars. The pay is better and lets face it, so little attention is paid to F1 here that Scott Speed could have walked through his home town and not be noticed. The way things have diverged, to see a U.S. driver in a GP2 or F1 seat is a lighning in a bottle scenario.