Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You sure are going back & forth on this post, but a least you know it!

Hylton has done good in the tests, Iam sort of with you on the image side of things man,

My racing career sadly finished in 1995 because of a sciatic nerve problem in my right leg, So i had to hang my helmet up because i couldn't feel the excellarator so the med officer said that's it for you! Even though i am 54 now i still get the urge & i race around in a go-cart & give the testers a hurry up when i visit the Melbourne outdoor track, that is fun to me!
    Ambrose, " the Wonder from Downunder"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    also Mark , i can tell you that it was really hard for me not racing my foes anymore , we had so much fun racing on all the small & large speedways, week in week out!

About the classes they run here , THEY ARE much the same as over in the USA, wE EVEN GET YANKY DRIVERS RACING HERE in the sprinters & super sedans , think of the WoO DRIVERS they have a ball racing our guys in the big spinters, they win some & they loose some!
    Ambrose, " the Wonder from Downunder"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the silver lining is that he's been at the bottom of the speed charts in testing.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Andrew, it does prove that there is more to running Daytona than running flat out that is for sure. He has a good motor in that car, so he has to find the setup. I think where his age works against him is he may not understand the tweaking he may have to work at in these cup cars. Not that he doesn't have a huge volume of knowledge, but I have read at times how the newer setups are so fine that older drivers who are used to coarser cars are now having a hard time finding that sweet spot.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".