Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry KABC 7 is prempting the race for the Malibu fire coverage

While all the other local stations are prempting paid advertising, KABC is prempting a CHASE RACE for minute by minute pontification of a fire in Malibu.

News flash, all your rich TV buddies will be ok and it doesn't effect any of us poor people living on the flatlands who want to watch a race!!

At least KTTV Fox 11 isn't prempting football. I really see no reason why ABC needs to go minute by minute. Break into the race with updates, run a scroll at the bottom. BUT SHOW US THE RACE!!

They did this once during the Indy 500 for a small earthquake.

Yet another reason why races should be shown on cable and not broadcast TV.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just went to the KABC website to find a email address to write a complaint, and they are showing the race on their 24 hour local digital cable channel. It's a good thing I got digital cable recently!
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well that's a lot better than the opposite we had here in San Diego. At about 11:30 I started smelling smoke (from what is probably the Witch Creek Fire about 15 miles away.) KGTV didn't put a news crawl up for about 2 1/2 hours, and about an hour after the other local channels broke away for news updates.
    We're probably safe here and have two miles of built up suburbia between us & the hills, so we should get enough notice if we have to get out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm back sort of. We had to evacute at 4am. Went to a relative's until about 2:30pm they said to leave there. Went to Qualcomm, nice place to visit, but you don't want to live there. ;-) Back to relatives place now and maybe home tomorrow. Fire was stopped about 1/2 from there, if winds stay down should be ok. At 1am on Monday I went outside, the winds were about 60mph and the moon was blacked out from the smoke from 12 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesi
    Well that's a lot better than the opposite we had here in San Diego. At about 11:30 I started smelling smoke (from what is probably the Witch Creek Fire about 15 miles away.) KGTV didn't put a news crawl up for about 2 1/2 hours, and about an hour after the other local channels broke away for news updates.
    We're probably safe here and have two miles of built up suburbia between us & the hills, so we should get enough notice if we have to get out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jonesi, I hope all is well at your home and community.

The images on the news are heartbreaking and devastating. The loss of a home, possesions, and community, though some replaceable, is something unimaginable. Rich or not.

Wish you all the best Jonesi.
    #01CupFan for '07 :mark: