Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it is a bad idea to firstly change the rules into the season, and secondly, to go to default just because foxystout has trouble with setups. It is a much more interesting competition and better learning experience to have to set up cars for the different tracks. Please reconsider, RR !!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if you do decide to leave the rules alone there's lots of people here who are willing to help foxy learn to set a car up.

I know I've never had any trouble finding help when I needed it. and look at me now: I'm a solid mid-fielder!

now if I could only learn to drive.......

"Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK then setups allowed
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well foxy, here's a starting point for you then, based on my own experience and what I've learned from peeps like Vuko.

I lower my car almost all the way, like to .10. I think Vuko says lower it all the way, unless it's a real rough track, but I need a little forgiveness so that when I hit the curbing my car doesn't flip. so I set it to .10.

then I stiffen the suspension all the way up. springs, shocks, roll bars, everything. then I flatten out the wings as much as possible to reduce drag.

I also lower the tire profile as much as possible.

basically make it as low and stuff as possible with as little wing as possible.

I run a little toe-in at the front, like .10 I think, and full camber front & rear.

once you do all that if your car's over or under steering come back & someone will help you out some more.

and the gearing - I don't know exactly what my settings are, but I move the final drive ratio from side-to-side unil the best 0-60 & 0-100 times are reached. then sometimes if I'm hitting the rev limiter in a certain gear I'll adjust that gear a little so I don't have to shift.
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the tips guys & your right not to change the rules now RR just because I struggle to set my car up.
    Just need to find time to practice !
    Leicester City F.C. :beer:
    when your smiling the whole world smiles with youuuuuuuuuuu

Neil_LCFC
    V8 Thunder #05

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I'm going have to withdraw from this round. Sorry!
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's a shame Jon Hopefully you can make the next round.

Still that means more points for the rest of us.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just recieved a PM from Adam Sloma, the polish guy who has some very quick times on the codemasters Hall of Fame. He is proposing an entry but for some reason he cannot post on the forums despite activating an account last Sunday. Can anyone give him some advice so he can send posts.

BTW deadline for this race is Friday 20:00 GMT. I have times from Alfa Fan, Neil Adams and myself so far.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Times due next friday

I thought it was this friday
    I may have time to do this round then (maybe)
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Really struggling for pace at this track, especially in time trial mode. I just can't seem to get the car settled for a really quick lap. My pace in race setup is far better as the car behaves with a full fuel load. But I don't think I'll be competitive, especially as I've just ripped a toenail off my driving foot. Ouch!!
    "If luck weren't involved I guess I'd win them all"