Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Bubba gets it , Bernie doesn't .

I just watch my first Craftsman truck race the other day , and marvelled at a few things they seem to understand far and away better than Bernie , the marketting genius .

Bernie got closest to the model when the circus went to Indy , with Scott Speed on board . They ran most of the drivers across the stage , showing us personality and faces to relate with the helmet colours .
    At the truck race , the drivers were all out there lined up , ready to qualify , and still yacking and joking with fans and engineers alike , mugging for pix , glad-handing the public .

Jacques got loads of accolades for his acheivements , and never once did I hear F1 denegrated during the whole telecast .
    Both JPM and JV have lots to say about how the other drivers are respectful and welcoming , and how tight and controlled F1 is in comparison .

They even made a big deal of how Jacques has brought in an international sponsor with him in Sonax .

JPM was fast-tracked into the Cup show through the Busch series , but JV , after only his first race in Trucks , has been given the green to also race with the cup guys at Talledega on the Sunday .

Bubba gets it . Strike while the iron is hot .
    They sign on Jacques at the moment that F1 reaches an all-time low in consumer confidence .

Bernie should be paying close attention here .
    The public wants to have heroes with which they can identify , not frustrated whiners who must make constant excuses for why they can never be competitive .
    They want to meet them .
    They want to hear how they feel and react to situations on track from the heart , not the corporate speak manual .
    They want to hear about all the drivers feeling they are in with a chance .

Jacques left because , in his own words , "I am done with F1 , and F1 is done with me ."

He left because of all the things of which the public complains .

F1 is out of touch .

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    I just watch my first Craftsman truck race the other day , and marvelled at a few things they seem to understand far and away better than Bernie , the marketting genius .

Bernie got closest to the model when the circus went to Indy , with Scott Speed on board . They ran most of the drivers across the stage , showing us personality and faces to relate with the helmet colours .
    At the truck race , the drivers were all out there lined up , ready to qualify , and still yacking and joking with fans and engineers alike , mugging for pix , glad-handing the public .

Jacques got loads of accolades for his acheivements , and never once did I hear F1 denegrated during the whole telecast .
    Both JPM and JV have lots to say about how the other drivers are respectful and welcoming , and how tight and controlled F1 is in comparison .

They even made a big deal of how Jacques has brought in an international sponsor with him in Sonax .

JPM was fast-tracked into the Cup show through the Busch series , but JV , after only his first race in Trucks , has been given the green to also race with the cup guys at Talledega on the Sunday .

Bubba gets it . Strike while the iron is hot .
    They sign on Jacques at the moment that F1 reaches an all-time low in consumer confidence .

Bernie should be paying close attention here .
    The public wants to have heroes with which they can identify , not frustrated whiners who must make constant excuses for why they can never be competitive .
    They want to meet them .
    They want to hear how they feel and react to situations on track from the heart , not the corporate speak manual .
    They want to hear about all the drivers feeling they are in with a chance .

Jacques left because , in his own words , "I am done with F1 , and F1 is done with me ."

He left because of all the things of which the public complains .

F1 is out of touch .
    I will not contest a single thing you posted!
    Never-the-less I prefer watching an F-1 race, with all it's +'s, and -'s!
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    I will not contest a single thing you posted!
    Never-the-less I prefer watching an F-1 race, with all it's +'s, and -'s!
    Tazio , I prefer F1 , too .

It was damned hard to get used to , but I did it . I really did .

I am hoping they add about ten or twelve more road courses .

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    And that is why it's good that JPM and JV left, no need for us F1 fans to hear them whine anymore. :
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I think F1 is a superior sport to Nascar, all all the marketing nous and driver meet-and-greets in the world won't change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    And that is why it's good that JPM and JV left, no need for us F1 fans to hear them whine anymore. :

Nice balanced comment from a moderator . Thanks for that .

And , yes , I saw the smiley , but I don't think you wish to open that kind of debate .

This is about Bernie and Bubba .
    I'll thank you to stay on topic .

Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    I think F1 is a superior sport to Nascar, all all the marketing nous and driver meet-and-greets in the world won't change my mind.
    I agree , B3 , but it's about F1 becoming better .

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    F1's marketing strategy is to promote the championship as an elitist sport. the fact that billions of $ are spent each year in F1 shows that the marketing strategy is working.

A recent MotoGP bossiness forum actually concluded that the open for everyone paddock is actually bad for sponsors and suggested that a limited access MotoGP paddock similar to F1 would actually attract more sponsors.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    This is about Bernie and Bubba .
    I'll thank you to stay on topic .
    Oh come on, don't be so uptight, it's Friday.

The difference between bubba and Bernie is a couple of billions in finacial interest in manufacturers, sponsors and tv.
    What works in a smaller environment might not work in F1.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    F1's marketing strategy is to promote the championship as an elitist sport. the fact that billions of $ are spent each year in F1 shows that the marketing strategy is working.

A recent MotoGP bossiness forum actually concluded that the open for everyone paddock is actually bad for sponsors and suggested that a limited access MotoGP paddock similar to F1 would actually attract more sponsors.
    How is it bad for sponsors , Chris ?

Is it the elitist "pinnacle" tag that the limitted access promotes ?
    If so , the idea is killing the racing , being that the reference moves more technical with every turn , and drivers become less important .

Now , we have F1 moving away from the pinnacle , dropping TC next year .
    They've recognized that it hurts the racing .

Whereas JV had trouble with the Ferrari TC at Sauber , and struggled to change it , he's able to affect change instantly in a cup car or truck , and adapt his style to the series .
    A good driver can make the difference .

In F1 , it's all about where you sit .
    I suppose it is in Nascar as well , but it's not completely out of the question that a backmarker might run well .

Sure , F1 has it's sponsors , and loads of them , but they miss some basics .
    For example , it's largely during cautions that they show commercials in the Truck series , at least .
    Certainly , that works well because there are many , but the point is to maximize the actual race coverage , and the fans appreciate it .