Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Win didn't change me -- says Button

Jenson Button says winning his first Grand Prix in Hungary this year did not change him as a driver.

After more than 100 starts and intense pressure from the British press, the 27-year-old Honda racer finally broke through in the damp Budapest race.

But Button disagrees with his father, John, who thinks the Englishman became a 'more aggressive and better' driver in 2006; an opinion backed by his run of points-scoring finishes in the latter half of the season.

Button told ITV: "We have different views on that one.

"I think winning my first Grand Prix, it changes you in the way that you've won your first Grand Prix, but it doesn't change your mentality or your way of thinking when you go into your next race at all."

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...29093625.shtml
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Good on Bunsen, to be totally honest with his own feeling, and au contraire with his dad's. I wish him good luck next year. But then, I also wish the best of luck to ant.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wonder if he needs to change?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    it kinda did change him, he drove faster after this =)
    nowhere fast.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I do not know if it was a result of better speed or a better car, but he did get the highest points amongst all the drivers after his race win. For competition and entertainment's sake I hope that is the case next year too. Atleast we'll get to see a close championship then.
    "When the situation arises you stay where you are or go for it. I prefer the latter" - JPM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not so sure about a close championhip, Button needs to find that consistency throughout a whole season before he can be considered for the championship.

would be lovely if it happened next season though
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agwiii
    I wonder if he needs to change?
    Why would he need to? He still wants to win and be champion. He's not someone who I think needs to fix up his driving either.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Why would he need to? He still wants to win and be champion. He's not someone who I think needs to fix up his driving either.

Perhaps he needs to win "several or more" races?

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Well, the Poms thought they could win.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agwiii
    Perhaps he needs to win "several or more" races?
    ...And your point is?

He's making sound progress as it is. I still don't get why he would need to change after his win, considering he piled on the most points of any driver between Hungary and Brazil, and pretty much doubled Barrichello's points haul throughout the year.