Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Toro Rosso Idols

It is now Judgement Day a Faenza this weekend to see who will have the 1st 2 seats and who will be the alternate for the Friday tester.

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...29092948.shtml

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i've found it odd how recently the red bull teams haven't been focusing much on the drivers from their red bull young drivers program. they put so much into it, then they don't utilize it by getting new drivers from there.

i can't say i don't hope sebastien bourdais gets a seat at toro rosso, but it would be a shame to see red bull sponsored drivers get passed up.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'd be surprised if Bourdais is on the grid in 2007, as he is contractually tied to Newman / Haas in the Champcar Word Series. My bet is Liuzzi and Monteiro for the race seats, with Scott Speed as tester.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msaxman
    i've found it odd how recently the red bull teams haven't been focusing much on the drivers from their red bull young drivers program.
    Looks like the quality of the program ain't that good...
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    I'd be surprised if Bourdais is on the grid in 2007, as he is contractually tied to Newman / Haas in the Champcar Word Series.
    I've understood that N/H would release him if he got an F1 seat.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Apparently that clause expired a few months back, according to the Christmas Autosport issue
    Super Aguri Honda - "the two Japanese friends," Rubens Barrichello
    22. Takuma Sato :).....
    23. Anthony Davidson :up:.....

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAguri
    Apparently that clause expired a few months back, according to the Christmas Autosport issue
    Yes, there was a release clause, but it expired in September. If his relationship with Paul Newman and Carl Haas is really strong, they may let him leave for an F1 drive, but I think it's unlikely.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Bourdais has ruled out 2007, saying that he'll honour his contract.

His turn will start in 2008, methinks.

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What we are watching has nothing to do with the quality of the drivers, and everything to do with the quality of the management.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They will want to put the best drivers possible in the car. I'd have thought that the Red Bull junior drivers would need to have some time in the car at test sessions before they have a shot at a permanent test role.

Is Doornbos 100% confirmed as the 3rd driver at RBR?? Otherwise surely he's in the frame for a Torro Rosso race seat? My personal choice would be to keep Luizzi and Speed in the race seats and Ammermuller for the tester. But with almost all teams now having 2 signed test drivers, could Torro Rosso (or indeed RBR) sign up 2 testers too?