Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fat lady sings

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fat lady sings

So it looks like Franchiti is gone to Nascab. Lets see if that is enought money for him. A road racer gone oval trackin. What a joke. He took Hondas Money and when JJ said go elsewhere he did.

You and I fight over the IRL and CC. But seriously, it is all about money. I am getting tired of both. I am watching more F1, and motogp. Dario is the perfect example of rich getting richer.

There are thousand of guys who who would give there arm to rid in his current ride let alone a CC.
    US open wheel is dead
    HELLO CHAMPCAR!! WAKE UP!! ARE YOU THERE??!!?? HELLLLLOOOOOO!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dario has had a long, toplevel career - and deserves his success. I remember being involved in the Autosport/McLaren Young Driver of the Year competition in 1991 when Dario was a finalist (he lost out to Oliver Gavin). He's come a long way since then!

I will watch his progress in NASCAR with interest - a Scotsman playing with the Good Old Boys will be interesting!
    Marshal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by namarow
    US open wheel is dead
    Tell that to the crowds at Indianapolis and Long Beach.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    Tell that to the crowds at Indianapolis and Long Beach.
    How about the crowds at MIS, where open wheel had raced since 1968.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    You're "getting tired of money" and you're watching F1?!

Dario is a professional racing driver and is free to race in whatever series he chooses, in the same way that I'm free to pursue my career in whatever business area I decide. He has no reason to be loyal to IRL, or any other series for that matter. If the IRL is a competitive series it will have no problem attractingg new talent, if not it will die, just like any other series. Given his upside down antics this season, I can't say I blame him for wanting a roof over his head from now on. I'm sure he'll be very well paid for his troubles, but I don't see how anyone can begrudge him that? Market forces.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hornet
    You're I can't say I blame him for wanting a roof over his head from now on.
    I agree. In the interview after his second flip... you could see it in his eyes that he wanted out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    namarow - if you want to watch F1 then all power to you. get off this forum and go play somewhere else. what an absolutely pointless post from someone who obviously is very hard to please and has nothing better to do.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mark123
    namarow - if you want to watch F1 then all power to you. get off this forum and go play somewhere else. what an absolutely pointless post from someone who obviously is very hard to please and has nothing better to do.
    And who are you to tell someone to get off this forum. I wouldn't really classify your post as being a must read.
    :dork: 1 of Original 100 Members

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why anyone would prefer F1 when he can watch a race like Chicagoland on Sunday is beyond me. Sorry, I just don't get it. F1 is easily the by far most boring racing series I can think of. And just to create some "heat" they start this political bs. McLaren's poits lead gets bigger, so all of a sudden thete's new "evidence" about this "espionage". That's all they talk about. F1 is a technology parde with lots of political backstabbing in the paddock and primadonna drivers.

As far as the topic goes, I don't have a problem with someone taking a new job because of a higher wage. But I have a problem with that person not publicly admitting that it's all about money. It's not his passion for stock cars. I bet he can't even name a Daytona winner except maybe Earnhardt or Petty, let alone the exact year. Dario going to NASCAR hurts the IRL, but it also hurts NASCAR. Hiring drivers who obviously only care for money is ultimately not going to pay off. It's the same with Villeneuve BTW.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This article ( http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/column...rry&id=3013994 ) seems to imply that it's more about safety than money.

"But one reason stands far above the rest for the classy Scotsman -- safety.

It's really that simple. Driving a Cup car, especially the Car of Tomorrow that will race in every event next season, is much safer than racing an Indy car on high-speed ovals.

Franchitti had two scary accidents in back-to-back races this year when his car got airborne and became a 200-mph target of destruction.

Sources say famous wife Ashley Judd had seen enough. She didn't want her hubby taking those kinds of risks any longer."

Can't say I blame him. And good luck to him. But FWIW, no, I won't be watching..
    Doug