Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Xerox Ducati 2008

are in with Bayliss and Fabrizio;P
    I prefer to see someone like Lavilla on that seat but ok..
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    wow didnt see that coming at all, though im not suprised they dropped Lanzi, hes been pretty poor.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lanzi's an odd one, he has a couple of stellar weekends in 2005 before he got the ride and then has been - relative to what's expected of a factory rider - a picture of mediocrity. Three podiums in two years - two of which were on the same weekend - just is nowhere near enough when your teammate's World Champion. It really shows too that they need to change him after TB got injured this year which mostly ruled him and Ducati out of the title fight. Not sure what Lanzi'll do next, maybe to Sterilgarda alongside Xaus. Davide Tardozzi is of course his personal manager.

Fabrizio has had flashes of brilliance and patches of averageness but is excused by not being with a particularly front-running squad. Hopefully his potential will be brought out more by the Xerox team. It could also be added that, where possible, Ducati like to have an Italian on their bikes (Capirossi -> Melandri, Lanzi -> Fabrizio recently) which is hardly surprising.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting choice.

Fabrizio obviously has talent and speed but has until now only shown flashes of brilliance. Yes his machinery has been questionable but so has his consistency.

I imagine this seat would have be highly sought after with a couple of veteran GP riders in with a shot and a Roman Emperor in the picture as well.

But now it is time for Fabrizio to show what he is made of!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know Johnny Rea turned it down, so theoretically Michel's second choice, maybe being Italian isn't the first priority, eh pat?

It will be interesting to see how Fabrizio goes as teammate to one of the worlds best. He definately deserves the year on top flight factory machinery.. Hope he can do better than Lanzi anyway ..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Johnny Rea did a phone interview with British Eurosport on Sunday; he said that he'd been offered the Ducati ride, verbally; he asked for something in writing, but nothing was forthcoming. It seemed as if he had to make a decision quickly - the agony of choice, as they say....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraracer20
    wow didnt see that coming at all, though im not suprised they dropped Lanzi, hes been pretty poor.
    You should read the Rumour Mill thread then.

Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    I know Johnny Rea turned it down, so theoretically Michel's second choice.
    Well that depends, from what I've heard Ducati had Johnny and Michel on the go at the same time, so it's more equal first choice. Again, only hearsay but from what I've heard Ducati offered the ride to Michel and Johnny, Johnny asked for something in writing, Michel did not. Therefore Ducati stopped talking with Johnny and signed Michel so it was more a case of not acting quick enough by Johnny rather than him turning the ride down.
    Jono Porter 12/05/81 - 09/06/04
    MX's Celeb Crush - Sue Bird :love:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mx311
    Well that depends, from what I've heard Ducati had Johnny and Michel on the go at the same time, so it's more equal first choice. Again, only hearsay but from what I've heard Ducati offered the ride to Michel and Johnny, Johnny asked for something in writing, Michel did not. Therefore Ducati stopped talking with Johnny and signed Michel so it was more a case of not acting quick enough by Johnny rather than him turning the ride down.
    I just assumed teams would always have a preference... But i stand corrected none the less ..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's also been reported here that Xaus was offered the ride if he rode for free and he turned it down.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I was just wondering about the 999 bikes

Ducati can't pass them down to other teams next year like they did in the past can they? they would have to be detuned to be legal
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...