Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klm-607
    I really think that USRC & Rally America need some good Tarmac Raliies, & at least one more Snow Rally to round out the championships.
    The only thing stopping USRC or Rally America from scheduling more Tarmac Rallies, is organizers with Tarmac events looking for a sanction. Are you volunteering to organize one? ;-)
    I think the big problem with Tarmac is that if the roads have enough traffic to pave they have too much traffic to let you close them. The straighter roads a way too fast, and the twistier ones are still too fast for the trees, rocks & cliffs.
    The problem with Snow events seem to be they are constantly cancelled for: too little snow, too much snow, snow is melting, etc. (I may be a little biased on this, I grew up in Chicago, now live in San Diego and have no desire to EVER see the damn stuff again ;-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesi
    The only thing stopping USRC or Rally America from scheduling more Tarmac Rallies, is organizers with Tarmac events looking for a sanction. Are you volunteering to organize one? ;-)
    I think the big problem with Tarmac is that if the roads have enough traffic to pave they have too much traffic to let you close them. The straighter roads a way too fast, and the twistier ones are still too fast for the trees, rocks & cliffs.
    The problem with Snow events seem to be they are constantly cancelled for: too little snow, too much snow, snow is melting, etc. (I may be a little biased on this, I grew up in Chicago, now live in San Diego and have no desire to EVER see the damn stuff again ;-)

We have a county that is interested in a rally here in CO.

Tons of snow, pretty consistent too.

The only issue I can see is if we get hit right before or durring the rally we could get a couple of feet and lose access to the plows necessary to open up the roads. But generally speaking the snow fall normally is 6-16 inches per storm after you get the base established, certainly not too much for an AWD to handle...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is USRC open to S2000 cars?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milly
    Is USRC open to S2000 cars?

S2000 cars can run. They will be in what we term Open class (or the corresponding NASA class, I can't remember their terminology off hand).

They will be up against cars with similiar weight, more powerful but restricted turbocharged motors.

But s2000s can run in the US in one or both championships.
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    I just watched NY Rally from 2006 and the music is horrible, like listening to super Mario or some crap. (not really bad, enjoyable but is needed to work on a bit more - production wise other wise i'm interested in this years season! =)
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"