Page 615 of 620 FirstFirst ... 115515565605613614615616617 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 6197
    Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    I would, for a laugh, but they only organize them when I'm not in the country

a still close friend of mine from school days went to one once and confirmed what I'd have expected: the complete twats then were still complete twats now, even after 25 years

Aren't you sometimes curious about where people are after decades of not being in touch?
    Last edited by donKey jote; 31st October 2017 at 09:33.
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Not really. it's no fun being curious about the whereabouts of your teenage love, then seeing how she aged and then realizing you aged even worse yourself.

How well do you get along with people a generation younger than yourself (except your own children)?
    Llibertat

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
    I would, for a laugh, but they only organize them when I'm not in the country
    About half of my highschool class live now în Canada or USA. However whenever one of them comes home they ask for a reunion – not at school but în a pub. Those who are still abroad join too, via Skype. Usually I don't attend because I find it weird, we weren't a close gang în our school days, on the contrary. But 3 weeks ago when a guy from Vancouver asked to meet him în a pub I joined the crowd and it was OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy
    How well do you get along with people a generation younger than yourself (except your own children)?
    Excellent if I'm online ( they think that I'm one of them ).
    In real life I'm too shy for a normal connection.

How well do you get along with your coworkers?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I run my own business with one of my very best friends. So fabulous from that point of view.

So would you ever meet anyone from a motorsport forum if you found out you were passing close by?

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

No! I'd hide and spy him/her.

Is it easy for you to get new friends?

Not really. The older I grow, the pickier I become in terms of new friends.

What forms of spirituality do you stick to, if any?
    Llibertat

I don't really. I am athiest and don't have an mythical or spiritual beliefs.

The closest I have is my love of nature and feeling at one with it as I garden. It puts all things in perspective to me.

Is the lack of spiritual/religious belief in many people now a days shock you? Or is it understandable?

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

It's not a shock and I see why people shun religion (excesses of the past, witch hunt etc.) even as I am a believer myself. At the same time, to me atheism comes off as a naive and maybe even childish view of the world, when adult people do their best to disregard the obvious things and come up with the most complex and highly implausible theories about how this world came into being etc. So it's a bit surprising to me that many otherwise smart people should know better, but they don't.

Do you practice any rituals, like kissing the ball before the game etc.?
    Llibertat

(Just as a side note. I am atheist and just do not believe that there is anything higher. However I fully admit I could be wrong. Its just what I believe. I would never question anyones beliefs and would never try to convince them otherwise).

Not particularly, apart from things passed on by parents and society I guess. In the UK (maybe elsewhere. Please inform me lol). If you want to preserve a good time or lucky streak or do not want something bad to happen, then we say "touch wood" and have to find a piece of wood around to touch. Now that is not anything I think actually helps but it is so common here that you follow the ritual without thinking. Funny really.

Same question back, but with an added point of "Are you interested where these rituals come from?" I am and it intrigues me.

We also have the wood thing only that we don't touch but knock it. When I can't find a wooden item I just knock my head.

We have a lot of rites here, most of them are associated with religious holidays although the origins are pagan. So:
    - On certain 2 days/year I take „holy” water from the church and drink a shot every morning.
    - I offer/get a traditional absurdistani spring symbol on March 1st.
    - On Palm Sunday I take branches of willow from the church and braid them, then hang them on an icon
    - I dye eggs for Easter and knock them with family/friends
    - On Christmas I hang fir tree braids on the family crosses în the cemetery
    - I organize commemorations for my closest family members that passed over for 9 days, 3 weeks, 40 days, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, 3 years and 7 years.
    - when I was young I put basil under my pillow on the 5th February to dream my future husband ( ).
    Etc. etc. etc.

What wiould you like to get on this Christmas?