Page 120 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1270
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brent, I don't see any "disgust" about it in general at T*****. I see most of the IRL folks talking racing....granted, some are talking negatively about the IRL considering adoption of some CC measures and procedures.

But it's a few forum people and FTG people that are doing most of the complaining. No surprise.

As for the Dallara, it's fine until 2011. Economically, the ex-CC teams can't afford three new cars in four years. That would be insane. The Dallara has proven to be a reliable and well-developed chassis. Ex-CCers like to call it ugly. But the DP-01 was oversold to be the key to CC's success. It wasn't, and left CC spending millions looking for a magic wand. That ought to tell you something about how important it is to get rid of the Dallara.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    Brent, I don't see any "disgust" about it in general at T*****. I see most of the IRL folks talking racing....granted, some are talking negatively about the IRL considering adoption of some CC measures and procedures.

But it's a few forum people and FTG people that are doing most of the complaining. No surprise.
    Have you missed the dozen or so threads by a bunch of different guys about how the IRL should go to the all ovals, American drivers mantra? It's become a bloody infection there - the likes of Jimmy Hendricks just won't shut up about it.

As for the Dallara, it's fine until 2011. Economically, the ex-CC teams can't afford three new cars in four years. That would be insane. The Dallara has proven to be a reliable and well-developed chassis. Ex-CCers like to call it ugly. But the DP-01 was oversold to be the key to CC's success. It wasn't, and left CC spending millions looking for a magic wand. That ought to tell you something about how important it is to get rid of the Dallara.
    The Dallara is hideous, slow, sound ugly and inheirently gives the IRL teams years of advantage over the CC guys. The CC guys can - and have - beat the IRL guys on road courses (congrats Justin ) but they are miles off the pace on the ovals. If they want a level field, they need that new car ASAP.
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut, and be thought of as a fool, then open it and remove all doubt." - Sir Winston Churchill

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1. Jimmy Hendricks is not the norm there.

2. They are not CC guys now. They are IRL guys.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1. Jimmy Hendricks is not the norm there.
    Sure as heck seems like it. He's got quite a number of supporters. I'm gonna stop talking about that other forum now.

2. They are not CC guys now. They are IRL guys.
    In the minds of those of us who were CC diehards, they will ALWAYS be CC guys. They guys we rooted for, the guys we want to kick the crap out of the IRL guys.
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut, and be thought of as a fool, then open it and remove all doubt." - Sir Winston Churchill

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, Brent, just hold that thought and grudge as long as you want to hold it. Your decision. I've never seen quotes from any of the competitors -- on either side -- who think that way.

It's one series now. Overwhelmingly, efforts for years by people such as Mario Andretti, promoters, sponsors, etc., have been trying to get it to one series. All those people seem to be pleased with that particular issue now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

current pole at TF is running 90% that the current IRL is closer to CARTII than the Vision....

that would suggest at even the most pro-IRL board fans of AOWR believe the IRL is mimicking a failed bankrupt model
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, Brent, just hold that thought and grudge as long as you want to hold it. Your decision. I've never seen quotes from any of the competitors -- on either side -- who think that way.

It's one series now. Overwhelmingly, efforts for years by people such as Mario Andretti, promoters, sponsors, etc., have been trying to get it to one series. All those people seem to be pleased with that particular issue now.

2 of the sports most competitive racers have called it "Boring" and 'pathetic" the past couple of races

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Closer to "CART II" in respect to schedule, NOT mimicking a failed business model. The schedule and the business plan are very different, starting with one series instead of two.

I don't know who you're talking about regarding boring races, but there have been a couple this year.....like any year, any series.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Closer to "CART II" in respect to schedule, NOT mimicking a failed business model. The schedule and the business plan are very different, starting with one series instead of two.

I don't know who you're talking about regarding boring races, but there have been a couple this year.....like any year, any series.

not just schedule IC.....yes the addition of roads and streets at an 8 to 1 pace...

but don't forget standing starts, fuel settings, parades, power teams and have nots, influentual owners, specs cars and engines, lack of cost control, turbos, red tires, Spike, er VS TV,

seriosly you don't think diehard fans like you find at TF can't see past the TV schedule do you?

and both Kannaan and Dixon, two of the most experienced and influential drivers in the paddock have called the past two races "boring" and Pitiful'....that's not good any way you slice it (but you'll try)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep. Both road races.

Only ex-(or current) CC fans still talk about standing starts. Fuel settings have been around for some time. Parades come on road and street courses and that's just a natural after side-by-sides on ovals. I haven't seen a thing about power teams and have nots of any consequence, other than Sarah Fisher offered Penske a car if he needed one when his truck burned down. You're never going to have "non-"influential owners. There are plenty of elements that are involved in auto racing, including the fans, and sponsors, promoters, car owners, etc., are GOING to have influence. It's ex-CC people yapping about cars and engines and dissing the Dallara on racing forums. Cost controls are still in place and the CC crowd made out quite generously on them by blendification, so nobody's yapping about that. Turbos? They've said it's on the table for the future specs and that's through meetings with potential manufacturers. No one seems to mind. Red tires? They might have them available but not mandatory. VS? Lot of talk but on ly time will tell.