Thread: Engine Upgrades

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts

Arrow Engine Upgrades

There was a discussion a while ago - can't find the thread now - about improvements to engines during the season, and someone was adamant that no changes could be made because of the engine freeze.

Not true according to Jack Eeckelaert of Honda:
    It's more difficult than in the past to make an engine evolution with a bit more revs. But nowadays, with frozen engine spec, there's still some engine development work going on within the window that is allowed.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61896
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    There was a discussion a while ago - can't find the thread now - about improvements to engines during the season, and someone was adamant that no changes could be made because of the engine freeze.

Thanks for proving what I was saying all the time
    Flattyres wont be very happy
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I think it was when McLaren introduced a new engine early in the season which reputedly sported about 20+ bhp, that some Ferrari fans claimed this can't be done within the rules. Alas, it seems they were mistaken.

Sadly (for me) it wouldn't matter much as Ferrari is now poised to get every single one of those 20 bhp back by getting ahead in the WCC soon.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought they could only make changes that address "issues" - ie: reliability. I could see potentially if they have an issue of excess wear that a change to address this could allow extra power to get to the driveshaft.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1

Just talking out of my memory, but I thought that the engine block is frozen, but they can probably change many other things (pistons, electronics, valves, exhausts, etc.)
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s