Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat.tyres
    What I find fascinating is that a young man such as yourself feels sufficiently empowered to preach how you feel people should behave to get the maximum out of this forum.

Believe you me my dear boy, I have my full facalties about me and need no guidence on how to make friends and influence people. Even from someone with such unique and extensive experience on rubbing people up the wrong way and getting banned on a regular basis such as your good self.

A man can become rich on listening to good advice but a man can become poor on advice freely given (Thats $20AUS or Ģ2.24 for that little gem. Deposit it in my usual Swiss account please)
    If you are so obviously good at winning friends and influencing people why is it that you have little support on this forum and you don't know when to stop. If you're wanting to make friends and influence people it's crucial to know when to stop and also what sort of language to use. My girlfriend likes oven baked salmon. I don't but I don't keep on going on about it and I don't go on about how "I don't like ****ing salmon" and "Salmon is BS" and so on. I don't go on about it all the time either (as you're doing on this thread) and claim to have the "moral highground" in the war between baked salmon and cheap canned salmon (my favourite ). There's a certain way to treat people and to swear at them for no real reason isn't right.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have every intention of acting in a forthright and blunt manner as I always have done. I have no intention of sucking up to anyone that has the ability to give me infractions and will question them when I feel they are being uneven and slanted in their actions.
    And the mods have every intention to keep this place neat and clean, the way it has been (or has been intended to) since more than 6 years ago. This not a democracy nor anarchy. You take it or you leave it. It's that simple. Many members here have posted thousands and thousands of posts without having problems. Even Daniel (whose nickname was "Baniel" a couple years ago ) can adjust. If you can't, just leave.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Mark said, in effect, that if you have infractions, the Mods will keep a closer eye on you.

Now, this is fine in itself because nobody likes people on here that are purposely insulting and trolling. However, as I pointed out, and mave justified, some people here are singled out for points for the smallest things such as saying someone was talking Bull (different word used.)
    No, you are watched more closely but the same standards apply to you as to everyone, You might be getting relatively more points than another member for the same stuff simply because you are on sort of a probation and due to limited time some stuff will get unnoticed or the tone of the thread isn't affected by it to warrant actions.

There is no one out there to get specifically you.

I'm really enjoying this discussion because it highlights the disparity on the forum. I was given points by Arrows that I totally agreed with. I learnt that some things are tolerated and where the line was. I had rather a good dialogue with Arrows and think he was justified in giving me the points.

That is where your arguement falls down Pino. I guess I am not the first person to have points on here and all the good boys and girls that didn't get further points from different Moderators were lucky they didn't come up against you two because between you, you have awarded me 6 points for what at the very most could be called minor infractions.
    Your points are due to your own actions, which you said you would give up, but still continued, had Arrows been a mod, you would most likely been "awarded" the same points.
    1. Accusing someone of talking Ball when it was blindingly obvious they were lying. I have seen numerous occassions of people using that word in the asterix guise with no retribution whatsoever, let alone 3 points.
    How do you know what people get and when? Can you see the mod section or do you ask every how many points they have and when have they gotten them?
    2. By making a cheeky comment to someone that turned out to have a whole different meaning to them because of their personal situation which nobody here would know about. I tried to remedy the situation by having the unintentionally distressing term removed and got a further 3 points for my trouble.
    This already adressed earlier.
    So, dear Pino and Jan, that is why I have 8 points on my licence instead of 2 and a reputation of being someone that has been sanctioned by 3 different Mods instead of 1. Yet, you sit there, quite happy and reply there is no double standards and you're quite happy with the situation.
    Exactly, i couldn't have put it better myself, you, and no one but you are to blame for your points.

All I'm trying to point out is that in an open forum like this, people will question you if they feel you are being discriminatory against them. When you keep coming back with the "thats the way it is so hard luck" stuff and childish insults, you confirm my position.

As I say, I'm enjoying this as I have the moral high ground. I maintain that by and large, what I have seen of the Moderating, I have been very impressed but that is not to say that sometimes it warrents questioning, unless, of course, you're perfect and don't make mistakes
    I'm perfectly fine having my decisions questioned, it most likely never changes the outcome, but we learn more from you all this way.

You have made your opinions on this matter quite clear, as a moderator I disgree with most them wholeheartedly and until there is new line coming from mark, this one stays just as it is.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    If you are so obviously good at winning friends and influencing people why is it that you have little support on this forum and you don't know when to stop. If you're wanting to make friends and influence people it's crucial to know when to stop and also what sort of language to use. My girlfriend likes oven baked salmon. I don't but I don't keep on going on about it and I don't go on about how "I don't like ****ing salmon" and "Salmon is BS" and so on. I don't go on about it all the time either (as you're doing on this thread) and claim to have the "moral highground" in the war between baked salmon and cheap canned salmon (my favourite ). There's a certain way to treat people and to swear at them for no real reason isn't right.
    1. I never claime I was good at winning friends and influencing people. I merely stated I know how to and infered I didn't need advice on it.

2. I found your post condescending and replied in a similar vein. I think the tone I used was too subtle so I hope I have clarified things.

3. What the <insert word here> has Salmon got to do with it? You confuse me with your left field logic I'm afraid as the example you gave bears no resembalance to the arguements in this thread?
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tinchote
    And the mods have every intention to keep this place neat and clean, the way it has been (or has been intended to) since more than 6 years ago. This not a democracy nor anarchy. You take it or you leave it. It's that simple. Many members here have posted thousands and thousands of posts without having problems. Even Daniel (whose nickname was "Baniel" a couple years ago ) can adjust. If you can't, just leave.
    Please do me the service of reading all posts and not quoting selective ones. You will see that I agree the mods are doing a superb job most of the time and that I acknowledge that an attempt to use a swear word is not acceptable. My only issue is with the policing of these guidelined. I just warned a member on chit chat that using the "S" word would result in points as there is no double standards here as Pino says

As for leaving, I couldn't possibly leave my Ferrari fan base. They would miss me Of course, I may get bnanned for putting points across in the manner I have on this thread but that's for the Mods to decide isn't it.
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    This has lasted long enough, stick with your ideas Flat.tyres, while we stick with our rules...just make sure you respect them

Thread closed !
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life