Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Flat.tyres
    Interesting? I find it bloody confusing

I find there are a lot of double standards on here and some Moderators tend to impose levies against their personal opinions on people rather than their behaviour.

Arrows I always found to be a very level headed Moderator who whould encourage debate and pull you up when you overstepped the line. It's a pity some others do not live up to his high standards.

For example, people here can post outright lies about what you've said and just because you respond that it was "total and utter Bullsh*t" then you get 3 points for 3 months. I'm sorry but what is so wrong with writing the truth? It was bullsh*t and it was easily proved to be lies but you still end up with 3 points.

I suppose if I had my nose up someones posterior, it would have been seen as a fair comment. I've seen much worse.

If the forum is to be run as some little kiddies sycophant club then just
    admit it and ban those that dont fit in or kiss enough butt but why not drop the pretence of this pathetic infraction system it's is frankly nauseating.

<sits back and awaits another 3 points for feedback :>
    If you haven't figured out yet, F1 forum is a special forum and needs different rules in order to keep it cleaned, and comfortable for those people who's there to talk F1 racing only. I know I am not as good as ArrowsFA1 and Andrea, but as long the owner of this Board (Mark) is satisfied with my work, I will stick with my policy and my way to do things. As for my double standard please prove it...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    you respond that it was "total and utter Bullsh*t" then you get 3 points for 3 months. I'm sorry but what is so wrong with writing the truth? It was bullsh*t and it was easily proved to be lies but you still end up with 3 points.
    Using that sort of language is never acceptable. No matter what the situation. I'm sure you went to school and were brought up correctly by your parents, therefore you will have sufficient vocabluary to be able to express yourself without resorting to swear words.

If you did get 3 points it was because of your bad language, not because you disagreed with someones post, something which is encouraged!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    What's wrong with just saying that's a lie and leaving it there?
    It doesn't take a genius to figure out it's not ok to use language that has to go around the swear word filter now does it?
    You have been asked to be civil about your dealings with members and you don't seem to get the point.
    There is a reason you have infractions on your belt and it isn't your opinions on F1 or general issues, it's because you behave the way you do. as you said earlier, maybe your place isn't here.

I'm all for constructive criticism and if you feel you have been wronged, you should ask what was the issue, I don't pretend I'm perfect and some times might get it wrong, but public moaning about it won't help, that's for sure.
    OK, as far as constructive criticism goes, I think I have given some and for my troubles I have it confirmed that perhaps my place isn't here

I appreciate that getting around a swear filter may not be particulaly PC on this forum but we are a varied bunch of people with different cultures, lifestyles and standards of education. In my cultural environment, it is quite normal for someone to say your talking sh*t or bullsh*tting without it being a personal attack. It is merely part of the commonly accepted and used language but if it is offensive to use *'s or abbreviate it to BS for example, then please make that clear as you should be handing out hundreds of infractions per day if there is any consistency. Personally, I think the use of the word is an excuse on the behalf on the Mods as you find my abrupt, no nonsense approach too abrasive for the thinner skinned members that constently spout BS, troll and flame.

For the record Jan, I have no problem with you and was not referring to you in my previous post but I hope I have clarified why I feel the use of infractions is not being applied in a consistant manner.
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Using that sort of language is never acceptable. No matter what the situation. I'm sure you went to school and were brought up correctly by your parents, therefore you will have sufficient vocabluary to be able to express yourself without resorting to swear words.

If you did get 3 points it was because of your bad language, not because you disagreed with someones post, something which is encouraged!
    So, this is going to be a consistant policy is it? I wonder.....

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    I appreciate that getting around a swear filter may not be particulaly PC on this forum but we are a varied bunch of people with different cultures, lifestyles and standards of education.
    And that is exactly why we should hold our tongues when in an argument, what is acceptable for you, might be a huge insult to someone else, let alone if it's misunderstood, which is very easy as most languages aren't fully compatible in words and especially in meanings.

For the record Jan, I have no problem with you and was not referring to you in my previous post but I hope I have clarified why I feel the use of infractions is not being applied in a consistant manner.
    I was the one who gave an infraction to your post about people lying about your posts, so who else are you talking about?
    Mind you, Arrows has given you at least one infraction for the same kind of issues, so you seem to have problems taking a hint.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    As for my double standard please prove it...
    OK, the word "Bitches" is not considered polite in some circles but please direct your attention to the following.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...&postcount=159

Did this incident end up in a infraction or warning?

Just curious

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Does every incident of dropping litter result in a fine or warning?
    Does every time a car driver exceeds 70mph result in a fine?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    And that is exactly why we should hold our tongues when in an argument, what is acceptable for you, might be a huge insult to someone else, let alone if it's misunderstood, which is very easy as most languages aren't fully compatible in words and especially in meanings.
    Hold our tongues? I thought this is a discussion forum where we openly discuss opinions and argue the toss.

I find it personally insulting that a member can post a complete lie and rather than the Mods sanction them for obvious trolling, they sanction the person that reports the post for said trolling. That's rich

Talk about shooting the messenger

So, members like ioan can go around lying and using the work bullsh*t with impunity where if people take exception and respond, they get infractions.

How many examples of double standards does pino want?

I was the one who gave an infraction to your post about people lying about your posts, so who else are you talking about?
    Mind you, Arrows has given you at least one infraction for the same kind of issues, so you seem to have problems taking a hint.

Sorry, I agree it was you that gave me those 3 points. I thought it was Pino as I was particularly annoyed about a rather arbitary PM from him (and another 3 points) for a honest mistake. I can't help it if he doesn't like me and don't really care but perhaps he could try to be a little more even handed and less confrontational?

As for the infraction from Arrows, I agree, I was annoyed and out of order. I accepted it and attempted not to duplicate the infraction. In the two instances I've quoted, I don't believe I had and maintain that the infraction were unwarrented.

Still, that's your choice but this is a forum to give feedback so that's what I'm doing. Use it as you will. Take it on board if you want or wipe the virtual butt with it. I don't really care.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Hold our tongues? I thought this is a discussion forum where we openly discuss opinions and argue the toss.

I find it personally insulting that a member can post a complete lie and rather than the Mods sanction them for obvious trolling, they sanction the person that reports the post for said trolling. That's rich

Talk about shooting the messenger

So, members like ioan can go around lying and using the work bullsh*t with impunity where if people take exception and respond, they get infractions.

How many examples of double standards does pino want?

Sorry, I agree it was you that gave me those 3 points. I thought it was Pino as I was particularly annoyed about a rather arbitary PM from him (and another 3 points) for a honest mistake. I can't help it if he doesn't like me and don't really care but perhaps he could try to be a little more even handed and less confrontational?

As for the infraction from Arrows, I agree, I was annoyed and out of order. I accepted it and attempted not to duplicate the infraction. In the two instances I've quoted, I don't believe I had and maintain that the infraction were unwarrented.

Still, that's your choice but this is a forum to give feedback so that's what I'm doing. Use it as you will. Take it on board if you want or wipe the virtual butt with it. I don't really care.
    You an argue all you like. There's no need to go and use bad language. If you have a look at the global warming thread in chit chat you'll see a perfect example of how people can disagree and have different viewpoints and not need to swear.

If someone wants to post their opinion which is not correct that's their thing. You go on about being able to argue but if someone can't argue their point by posting their "lies" then what's the point of a discussion? It seems to me that if you don't agree with something then it's a lie.

If you see someone posting something you see to be a lie you should try to correct them before attacking them and swearing and so on......

Just my .8p (AU 2c)
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    You an argue all you like.
    I'm giving feedback on something that I feel needs to be highlighted but thankyou anyway

There's no need to go and use bad language.
    I didn't consider it to be bad language or prohibited because what I wrote is used on numerous occassions on the forum without an eyelid being batted. So, if I wrote that something was "Bull", or "BS", would that be OK even though they are abreviations of the swear word just as what I wrote is? So, if BS is ok, is it also OK to call someone a MF'er as you're not actually using a swear word or getting round the filter? I don't think so and never would but I don't see the problem with saying someone is writing BS when it's obvious that they are and the same person never tries to back up what they write on these occassions and as the Mods cannot be everywhere to stop these people trolling, it's up to the members to pick them up on it.

If someone wants to post their opinion which is not correct that's their thing. You go on about being able to argue but if someone can't argue their point by posting their "lies" then what's the point of a discussion? It seems to me that if you don't agree with something then it's a lie.
    So, if someone posts lies about you on a thread, you ignore it and move on or do you pick them up on it. Think about it Daniel. As for me not agreeing with people, that happens a lot but I listen to peoples opinions and digest what they are saying. It's only when I come across obvious trolling (which is banned on most forums) that I respond as I think we all should. Please point out anywhere on this forum where I haven't to back up your claim.

If you see someone posting something you see to be a lie you should try to correct them before attacking them and swearing and so on......

Just my .8p (AU 2c)
    Saying something is BS is NOT attacking them. It's pointing out a fact as the dictionary definition of BS is slang for someone speaking lies or nonsense. However, it has been pointed out to me, by way of a 3 point infraction, that this is unnaceptable and I expect the Mods to continue this policy of enforcing a total swearing ban with draconian punishments from now on.