Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    ....A Dutch Group N winner in a WRC event (Germany). What more can you ask?!
    People are totally oblivious about this, and I'm afraid F1 will always be in front, let alone other motorsports.
    The drivers do a good job, maybe do more PR(? supported by national racing organisation). Nothing against the drivers. But their PR (or/)AND mediacoverage is not good.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FocusChampion
    The drivers do a good job, maybe do more PR(? supported by national racing organisation). Nothing against the drivers. But their PR (or/)AND mediacoverage is not good.
    Jasper drives for "KNAF Talent First", so it's supported. Weijs Jr. too for that matter.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan
    Don't pay for it, never have, and never would .............. Rugby union and rugby league are the same damn thing
    I think you've successfully managed to put any creditibility you may have had to rest.

Regardless, like you, I would like to see greater recognition of the WRC in mainstream media.
    Unlike you, in attempting to convey my wishes I do not bag every other sport that has gotten it's act together and created a spectacle that the majority of the populace enjoy.
    Rugby may be boring to you, but I will bet that when the All Blacks hold the Webb Ellis Cup aloft in a few weeks time nearly all of our 4 million population will be cheering them on - including the countries 1200 rally enthusiasts.

A mistake that is often made in these discussions is that we often overstate the popularity of our sport believing the world at large to be as fanatical about it as we are. It's simply not so.
    Much of the world population wouldn't know a rally car even if one ran over them.

Countries like New Zealand, Australia & the USA are big on ball sports and their media will always reflect that.

What does irk me is when another minority sport, like the yachting, get's a lot of media and lays claim to being the biggest thing ever ..... and runs away with all the government funding.

The amount of coverage a sport gets can also be political. For example - a few years ago we took our national championship coverage away from TVNZ, who had done a good job for us, and gave it and the naming rights to rival TV3 because they threw a few pennies our way - in a sponsorship deal.
    The result was that long time supporters TVNZ shut up shop and refused to show any rally coverage at all. Not surprising really. Why would they publicise their competitor on their TV station?

I believe that we're still suffering from this fallout and that despite the fact we broadcast the NZRC on TVNZ again today, in what is a commercial arrangement (we pay for it), the door remains shut in regard to any favours for rallying - hense a lack of WRC news items.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    Rugby may be boring to you, but I will bet that when the All Blacks hold the Webb Ellis Cup aloft in a few weeks time nearly all of our 4 million population will be cheering them on - including the countries 1200 rally enthusiasts.
    Provided they don't 'choke' again. My money will be on Les Blues... I mightn't like their rally cars but they play a good brand of rugby.......

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    Jasper drives for "KNAF Talent First", so it's supported. Weijs Jr. too for that matter.
    I know my English writing is bad, but... what I mean to say: PR must be support by KNAF. As national racing organisation they can do a lot of PR. Wel I know what I speak about, it is my job. Maybe I have to work for them?

In Dutch:
    Ik wil dus zeggen dat de KNAF misschien wat meer moet doen aan PR om de resultaten meer naar voren te brengen. Doen ze dat al, dan laat de media wel heel veel liggen. Ik denk dus dat de PR niet goed is, niet goed genoeg voor de motorsportmedia in ons land.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Don't pay for it, never have, and never would
    Rugby union and rugby league are the same damn thing only your allowed unlimited tackles in one and not the other!!

Moved out of NZ so I don't have to worry about the little short shorts and egg shaped ball fetish we have here. Only return to eat a mince pie and watch the WRC. Not that anyone knows about it, were all too busy drooling over amateur schoolboy rugby games on TV. BOOOOOORING
    I'm sorry WRCfan but you're being a bit silly. Imagine you were into rugby and you lived in Finland. I bet you'd be similarly unhappy with their love of ice hockey, rallying, snow sports and a bit of F1 thrown in too. I myself like Rugby Union but dislike League because it tends to be dominated by the meatheads of the world
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here we go:
    7am - Golf
    9am - PREMIER RUGBY LEAGUE PREVIEW
    9:30 - RUGBY LEAGUE (REPLAY)
    11:30 - RUGBY WORLD CUP FRIELDLIES
    1:30 - speedweek
    2:30 - cricket
    4:00 - RUGBY LEAGUE
    7:00(pm) - RUGBY LEAGUE - LIVE
    9:30 - RUGBY LEAGUE NRL
    11:30 - Soccer
    1:40 - soccer
    MY GOD, I JUST WENT BLIND!!!

Moderators, please ban WRCfan immediately! He's deliberately causing us some serious pain in the eyes...
    --==MIKKO==--