Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To the Max!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink To the Max!

Max Biaggi has had a good season in WSBK without being a standout. He has clearly demolished his team mate (or has Yukio done this himself?).

Where to for the Roman Emperor?

Stay put in WSBK with Alstare who have now lost the Corona cash which obviously funded his wealth?
    Ten Kate are keeping coy about riders, perhaps Rolfo's money could employ Max?

What about a year on a D'Antin Ducati in MotoGP?
    Or the Monster money at Kawasaki might just draw some attention.
    Suzuki still have a seat in MotoGP, I don't think Max has done anything wrong by Suzuki......

Gut feel tells me Max Biaggi will remain in the WSBK paddock, but he could easily be lured into something on 'the other side' should the offer come his way.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think he will stay with Alstare, no way Ten Kate will want him..
    I've red on Eurosport's text that he will not go to MotoGP (that were his own words)
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Max gets another chance in MotoGP next year i wont watch it..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    If Max gets another chance in MotoGP next year i wont watch it..
    why? do you have something against watching the best riders in the world race the best bikes in the world?

Sure Max is not the most likeable guy but he is a very good rider and could probably do a better job that half of the current MotoGP grid. plus I find his attitude has improved a bit this season

That said I hope he stays in SBK.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess...he's about where I thought he'd be.

I seem to remember predicting definitely top six or higher before the season [if someone wants to dig out the predictions post, feel free]. He's a close third, but has had less of the share of bad luck than Nori, Troy B or Troy C - but then again has been a bit faster than Troy C anyway.

Yukio...has had another injury-disrupted year, he took missed PI and Donington through injury and took just 4 points at Valencia. He has come good recently though, back on the pace so is faster than his overall standing suggests.

Anyway, Max. I think he'll stay where he is despite the Corona pull-out. He hasn't blown anyone away - 2 wins in 19 races, anybody? - but hasn't been useless by any means. Kind of a solid year like Barros had last year but with a slightly better-funded team. Don't think this year'll have re-opened any MotoGP doors, but he's done alright.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    been a good year for max, i think he should stay in wbk next year anyway, stay put with suzuki next year
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    why? do you have something against watching the best riders in the world race the best bikes in the world?

Sure Max is not the most likeable guy but he is a very good rider and could probably do a better job that half of the current MotoGP grid. plus I find his attitude has improved a bit this season

That said I hope he stays in SBK.
    No I just dont think Max is one of the best in the world anymore.. The WSBK retirement village is where he belongs But seriously, he's had more than enough chances in 500cc/MotoGP in the past.

I hate it when older riders, who have moved on from GP get a second chance, especially when there are younger riders (DeAngelis, Dovi, Aoyama, West) that are hungrier and havnt ever had the opportunity, gunning for the same seat.. Im still unhappy that Barros is in GP this year .. I hope he moves back to WSBK in 08 and stays there (besides one podium he's been pretty average) ..

Max can focus on winning a WSBK title over the next few years before retiring and maybe giving himself some consolation over the fact that he was never quite good enough to win a premier class one..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I predicted as top 3 finisher, great rider will not be mad as boxed frog

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    I hate it when older riders, who have moved on from GP get a second chance, especially when there are younger riders (DeAngelis, Dovi, Aoyama, West)
    I agree with you that GP needs to stop recycling old riders and give new riders chances. I just think that if Barros, Checa, KRjr, even Capirossi can get MotoGP rides, the Biaggi should also get one
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    I agree with you that GP needs to stop recycling old riders and give new riders chances. I just think that if Barros, Checa, KRjr, even Capirossi can get MotoGP rides, the Biaggi should also get one
    Doesn't that say something about the undeservedness of the other's rides and not the deservedness of a possible Biaggi comeback?

They should clean out the cupboard of slower, stagnated and recycled riders and focus on hiring talent of the future, instead of hiring stagnanted talent just for old times' sake.