Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_man
    Could be a good idea to go with one or two out of Alesi/Panis/De la Rosa, bit of experience there to help nurture the new car and other drivers.
    Makes sense indeed. Maybe De la Rosa then because it's quite obvious now that Alesi and Panis won't drive the 908 next year.
    The huge experience of the Spanish as test driver in a top team as Mc Laren maybe helpful.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Regarding De La Rosa, it will depend on Mc Laren decision.
    Will the F1 team allow him to sign with Peugeot too?
    He has already signed a new contract with Mc Laren as test driver for 2007.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We will have to wait until January the 10th or January the 11th to see the first shakedown of the car.
    It's a longer time to wait than I expected and not a good news. They initialy wanted the car on track on December the 10th.
    That confirms that 2007 will be a tough time for them: the unescapable learning time.

This news is quite important I think. That could mean that Audi is one step closer to an another win in June.

Sorry it's in French :
    http://www.lemans.maville.com/actu/r...o-355779_.html

By the way there is a big mistake in this article: they speak about ALMS but we have to read LMS.

Liked 297 Times in 209 Posts
    Oh no !!! Again later now ????

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    Does anyoi=one know when will Peugeot Sport announce their drivers for the LMS and ofcours Le Mans ?
    Apparently Peugeot will announce their lineup in mid January. What's sure is that Eric Hélary, 1993 Le Mans winner, has been confirmed as a test driver.

cheers,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    According to someone posting on the Endurance-info forum, all Peugeot drivers will drive exclusively with Peugeot in 2007: no other programmes for them in a major championship.
    If he tells the truth (I am not 100 % sure about that) that would unfortunetly mean : no Bourdais at Peugeot !!!
    Pity if it's true because Bourdais wanted to drive the 908. I don't know what happened.

Otherwise, according to L'Equipe newspaper, Peugeot will reveal their line-up on January the 10th or the 11th (at the time of the first shakedown of the car).

Liked 297 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1LM1
    Otherwise, according to L'Equipe newspaper, Peugeot will reveal their line-up on January the 10th or the 11th (at the time of the first shakedown of the car).

It's still better than after 20th january

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think the drivers would be taken from Pescarolo: Comas, Ayari, Collard...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by eloyf1
    I think the drivers would be taken from Pescarolo: Comas, Ayari, Collard...
    As far as I know, it won't happen.

Collard continues with Porsche (and Pescarolo). I think Peugeot was seriously considering him as an option but now it's over.
    As for the others, Peugeot said that they will choose their drivers according to 3 criteria: the speed, the reliability and the team spirit. Moreover, they want young drivers.

Ayari continues with Oreca I think and Peugeot consider that other drivers meet the 3 criteria better than him.
    As for Comas, it's more or less the same and he is not anymore the younger driver on the market.

My guess is that Peugeot want Nic Minassian.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1LM1
    As far as I know, it won't happen.

Collard continues with Porsche (and Pescarolo). I think Peugeot was seriously considering him as an option but now it's over.
    As for the others, Peugeot said that they will choose their drivers according to 3 criteria: the speed, the reliability and the team spirit. Moreover, they want young drivers.

Ayari continues with Oreca I think and Peugeot consider that other drivers meet the 3 criteria better than him.
    As for Comas, it's more or less the same and he is not anymore the younger driver on the market.

My guess is that Peugeot want Nic Minassian.
    Collard not, but the others, I'm sure...