Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    About the driver-on-the-right-side thing: at Le Mans, pit boxes are on the right side and as the 908 is a closed car, they can't just jump over the car so I guess this way driver changes are faster.
    Maybe but I think it's not the real reason because if the seat is on the left side, the next driver can wait on the left side of the car before the car arrives.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    amazing!!! the Diesel engine is so quite, but can't wait to see the car race in with the full livery
    I heard the R10 at Mosport, I think the Audi's have the market cornered on quiet. That said, I like a bit of noise.

The Audi guys were saying that once they got up around 140, they couldn't hear the motor for the wind noise. IT is really spooky to hear all the other cars and not be able to pick out the phantom in gray and red in the middle.

This new Peugeot looks great, and sounds good. Just loud enough you know it is there. This diesel revolution is great for racing. I do think that for a time racing was not contributing as much to the march of technology forward of autos for the street, but the work Audi and now Peugeot are doing is making Diesels cool for more than people like me who drive rigs for a living.

In Europe diesels are big, but over here, it is stuff like the Audi's that are changing perceptions.

Great race car, and I hope Peugeot makes the Audi boys unhappy, change is good, and JV driving a Peugeot is my kind of change....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah the R10 is unbelievable on how quiet it is, they had the in-car camera and they did a hotlap with no announcers, and you could barely hear the engine
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Mark and Harvick, will you attend the Sebring race and tests in march ???

If yes, I hope you'll bring and post many pics of the 908 on that thread !!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no I won't be at Sebring, but I would like to go
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Both Stephane Sarrazin and Marc Gene will drive the 908 for the very first time this week (if everything goes fine with the car during this second testing session).

The circuit is HTTT I suppose.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    WOOOOOOO!!!!!

Can't wait for Silverstone 1000km!!!

That car is awesome, although it appears a bit 'twitchy' coming out of fast corners and mild understeer on the low speed corners. Engine sounds better than the Audi. There's a distinctive deeper exhaust grunt and whistle-ing from the turbocharger.

Damn you Le Mans, I now have divided loyalties! My dad has been a loyal Audi driver for nearly 30yrs - he has driven various A4s over the last 10 years - and I have loyally supported Audi in Touring cars, but I'm a loyal Peugeot hot-hatch fan for nearly 8yrs!

Happy to find another Peugeot fan on this forum...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes.
    It's great to see all the enthusiasm for the 908 and around the Peugeot come back !

You have another 2'30 video of the 908 testing on http://www.peugeot-sport.com