Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question any short oval near to scsa standard

is there any short ovals that were considered for scsa cars to run at ?? and if so what sort of work was needed to bring these upto scsa standard.
    ie wimbledon,ipswich that sort of track?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champcarjim
    is there any short ovals that were considered for scsa cars to run at ?? and if so what sort of work was needed to bring these upto scsa standard.
    ie wimbledon,ipswich that sort of track?
    I wouldn't think they would consider any of these circuits, most of them would be far to small to race such big cars on. I think in the states they race similar formulas on 1/4 mile ovals but i would imagine they would be considerably wider than say Ipswich where even the National Hot Rods struggle to find an outside line.
    They certainly wouldnt even entertain Wimbledon or any circuits still using rope and posts for safety fences.
    if you want it done properly do it yourself.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nail, head, whack!
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brands - Well it's nearly an oval! Just stick a straight between Druids and McLaren - Job done!

Regards

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmmm - donuts
    Brands - Well it's nearly an oval! Just stick a straight between Druids and McLaren - Job done!

Regards
    Mallory ? nearest thing but still hardly a short oval.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Venray

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    michael vergers did a test in a camso at warneton and said the track would be suitable for ascars but the only problem he could see was the ascar DRIVERS would not be suitable due to their lack of driving standards.
    i believe colin white did actually take his ascar around warneton so that could be taken as a "considered short oval".

i agree that most uk short ovals would not be suitable due mainly to lack of width and/or perimeter fence construction.
    Hear the thunder, feel the power.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that outside of the UK but across many european contries there would be tracks suitable but until the series resurects itself here i don't think travelling that far would be worth considering.
    Is'nt there some sort of oval configuration at Pembrey? and i also seem to remember seeing another larger oval advertised where they ran some sort of open hot rod type championship also in Wales. (Llandow seems to sound familiar)
    Oh how we need that nice 1/2 mile banked oval at Silverstone.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

any short oval near to scsa

Warneton, Belgium, at 1 hour drive from Calais has been rebuilt in 2001 to run the Camso V8: Super Late Models, same horsepower (450) as the Ascars but much lighter (900kg in stead of 1350).
    The track is a bit longer than 1/4 mile; is nearly as wide as Rockingham (between 15m/45feet and 18m/54feet wide) and has more banking (10 degrees) than Rockingham (8 degrees).
    Next year we will have 15 Camso V8 (the maximum allowed in one race). It is very close racing with most of the time 6 - 7 seconds between the first and the last car.
    The lap record is on the name of Gary Ellis (GB) with 13.0 sec; an average of 75mph with topspeed of 90mph (the straights are only 100 yards long). The Camso V8 are 0,5sec faster than the National Hot Rods at Warneton.
    Colin White drove in february 2002 with his Ascar on a new track, with very few grip. Now the Camso V8 are going 1,5 - 2,0 sec a lap faster than 4 years ago.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

where would you build a new oval now?

ok where would you build another oval and reasons?

for me i would build two more ovals one deep south around southampton another arounds brands hatch area, for acsess and per population head.

thoughts?