Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peewhee
    Erkut Kizilirmak is intending the run his Astra Sportshatch's next year!
    Hopefully with a team-mate...

They are BTC Spec.
    I thought he parked those as he was looking for an appropriate S2000 car for '08 campaign? OTOH, this is a "rumors" thread!
    Supertouring Forever and Ever...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Isn't the Lexus IS220 a 2.2litre instead of a 2.0 litre??? Lexus don't currently have a 2.0 in their model range.
    This has been covered beforehand in the Xero thread

They can use a 2.0 engine from the manufacturers range, in Japan the Altezza (same car rebadged) has a suitable engine.

For the record before the MG ZS and Chevvy Lacetti both only had/have 1.8l engines

Mike Jordan and Kartworld will hopefully have S2000 cars next year, the 3 Intregras will be back tho. Complete utter guess but they will be driven by John George, Simon Blackney & Adam Jordan (Still run with Team Eurotech)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattSmith
    I know it's probably only a wild rumour but I'd love to see Kelvin Burt racing again.
    Yeah Burt should be racing in the BTCC. I believe Martyn Bell had said something at the start of this year about getting a second car part way through the season for Burt to use.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Into August and the first news about the 2008 season is beginning to surface.

MN reported yesterday that BTC Racing are in the process of building two brand new Lexus IS220s for 2008. Chris Stockton will continue to lead the team and will be joined by a new driver in the second car.

As expected, Motorbase Performance are planning to upgrade to a pair of SEAT Leons (probabily ex-2006 BTCC) for 2008.

Rick Kerry is hoping to return next year in the BMW 120d that he and his team West Suffolk Racing have been developing during the year.

SEAT have pretty much confirmed they will continue as a works team into 2008, and are considering switching to diesel.

Xero Competition are also working on a pair of new shape Lexus IS200s for next years championship.

Cars from the Swedish STCC championship are to become eligible for the British series, creating the prospect of Audis, Volvos and Mercedes' to compete in the UK series alongside FIA S2000 & UK S2000 homologated cars.

Martyn Bell wants to upgrade to BMW 320sis for next season, running a pair of cars for himself and Kelvin Burt.

A-Tech Racing plan to continue with their current pair of Alfa Romeo 156s in 2008. They hope to have a pair of Alfa Romeo 147 S2000 cars by the start of the 2009 season.
    YEP... most are RUMOURS. Not many facts! A lot of guesses.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The article in MN said BTC were having new bodyshells delivered in about 3 weeks, that looks quite definite...although I agree things may change in the next 8 months!!

Hopefully SEAT will be there as a works team, and Motorbase will become like the GR Asia team of the BTCC.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATF
    Hopefully SEAT will be there as a works team, and Motorbase will become like the GR Asia team of the BTCC.
    Isn't Team Air Cool, run by GR Asia, the GR Asia team of the BTCC?

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDS
    YEP... most are RUMOURS. Not many facts! A lot of guesses.
    But that's part of the fun of the silly season, lot's of talk and speculation until February next year when things will start to be firmed up. No harm in rumours, occasionally the end up being true......
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamM
    Adam Jordan (Still run with Team Eurotech)
    Has anyone told Andrew he has a brother? or Mike he has another son?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    A-Tech Racing plan to continue with their current pair of Alfa Romeo 156s in 2008. They hope to have a pair of Alfa Romeo 147 S2000 cars by the start of the 2009 season.
    Oh yes, seeing how incredibly sucessful Pinkney was with the JSM 147, I'm sure he wants to drive one again!

Although, if he and smarsh do, I guess the cars would look like this
    http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...000PROCAR.html

I'd much prefer to see a Super2000 159, or, in my wildest dreams, Thommo obliterating the field in his N-technology WTCC Alfa

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Isn't Team Air Cool, run by GR Asia, the GR Asia team of the BTCC?
    Yes...I just meant like GR Asia (WTCC) are like the SEAT satellite team now and (on occasion) just as competitive.

But it would be good if GR/Air Cool got a Leon next year too!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.