Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

BTCC 2008 Rumours

Into August and the first news about the 2008 season is beginning to surface.

MN reported yesterday that BTC Racing are in the process of building two brand new Lexus IS220s for 2008. Chris Stockton will continue to lead the team and will be joined by a new driver in the second car.

As expected, Motorbase Performance are planning to upgrade to a pair of SEAT Leons (probabily ex-2006 BTCC) for 2008.

Rick Kerry is hoping to return next year in the BMW 120d that he and his team West Suffolk Racing have been developing during the year.

SEAT have pretty much confirmed they will continue as a works team into 2008, and are considering switching to diesel.

Xero Competition are also working on a pair of new shape Lexus IS200s for next years championship.

Cars from the Swedish STCC championship are to become eligible for the British series, creating the prospect of Audis, Volvos and Mercedes' to compete in the UK series alongside FIA S2000 & UK S2000 homologated cars.

Martyn Bell wants to upgrade to BMW 320sis for next season, running a pair of cars for himself and Kelvin Burt.

A-Tech Racing plan to continue with their current pair of Alfa Romeo 156s in 2008. They hope to have a pair of Alfa Romeo 147 S2000 cars by the start of the 2009 season.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    MN reported yesterday that BTC Racing are in the process of building two brand new Lexus IS220s for 2008. Chris Stockton will continue to lead the team and will be joined by a new driver in the second car.
    If this materialises, it's excellent news. Stockton deserves a new car for his excellent performances in an old one this year.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Isn't the Lexus IS220 a 2.2litre instead of a 2.0 litre??? Lexus don't currently have a 2.0 in their model range.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Into August and the first news about the 2008 season is beginning to surface.

As expected, Motorbase Performance are planning to upgrade to a pair of SEAT Leons (probabily ex-2006 BTCC) for 2008.

Rick Kerry is hoping to return next year in the BMW 120d that he and his team West Suffolk Racing have been developing during the year.

SEAT have pretty much confirmed they will continue as a works team into 2008, and are considering switching to diesel.

Xero Competition are also working on a pair of new shape Lexus IS200s for next years championship.

Cars from the Swedish STCC championship are to become eligible for the British series, creating the prospect of Audis, Volvos and Mercedes' to compete in the UK series alongside FIA S2000 & UK S2000 homologated cars.

Martyn Bell wants to upgrade to BMW 320sis for next season, running a pair of cars for himself and Kelvin Burt.

A-Tech Racing plan to continue with their current pair of Alfa Romeo 156s in 2008. They hope to have a pair of Alfa Romeo 147 S2000 cars by the start of the 2009 season.
    We'll see how much of this comes to pass. I wonder if there will be any BTC-spec cars in the field next year? I can imagine the Honda Integras still being a fairly decent prospect for next year.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

I think the Lexus will be the IS220 model, but with a 2-litre engine based on something in the Lexus/Toyota range.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile

Its Team AFM Racing.

West Suffolk built the car and was involved in developing it I think, not sure though!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    West Suffolk built the car and was involved in developing it I think, not sure though!
    No Rick and his team built the car and are developing it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VkmSpouge
    I wonder if there will be any BTC-spec cars in the field next year?
    Erkut Kizilirmak is intending the run his Astra Sportshatch's next year!
    Hopefully with a team-mate...

They are BTC Spec.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know it's probably only a wild rumour but I'd love to see Kelvin Burt racing again.