Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troy story

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Troy story

Where to for Troy Corser the 1996 and 2005 World Superbike Champion?

Troy was dumped by Suzuki at the end of 06' in favour of Max Biaggi and then picked up by Yamaha at the expense of compatriot Andrew Pitt.

Corser has returned to the Troy of old, fast qualifier and fast starter followed by slipping back through the pack. Troy had tumultuous times with Aprillia and Foggy Petronas following his unceremonious departure from Ducati. There was also the miss adventure into GP's with Yamaha.

I believe it is time for Troy Corser an Australian and American Superbike Champion to hang up the Suomy and let his record remain as intact as it can be. Each future event will only tarnish a hot and cold career.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fast qualifier, fast starter, slipping back through the pack AND whinging and whining post race and blaming everything but himself for his results.. I agree, hangup the Shark TC.. Bayliss uses Suomy
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Corser to stop? Well, for sure he still got the quality of the world's best riders, but only if the bike is good enough..
    but yes, I would stop in his place as well, his career can only go down now..
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    He is doing relatively OK IMHO with a bike that is a little behind than the rest.

the R1 has greatly improved this season but still needs work in the way it works with the tyres. Both the riders often have tyre problems and slip back through the pack, Corser seems to have more problems with it than Haga but I would hardly say that this season has tarnished his career.

Another reason that may make Corser look bad is that Haga is in great shape, probably the best shape of his career
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no way corser should retire. i say fight until they drag you off the bike or tell you that you are done. go out like chili, is how he should do it.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    He is doing relatively OK IMHO with a bike that is a little behind than the rest.

the R1 has greatly improved this season but still needs work in the way it works with the tyres. Both the riders often have tyre problems and slip back through the pack, Corser seems to have more problems with it than Haga but I would hardly say that this season has tarnished his career.

Another reason that may make Corser look bad is that Haga is in great shape, probably the best shape of his career
    I agree with you. Haga is in a very good form and he knows the Yamaha better, but I hope Corser can take some podium places and maybe a victory in the next races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmmmm.........05 title was by default, as Bayliss was in MotoGP .

I agree with most, time to have a rest Troy, you've been outclassed this year. Comprehensively.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    I agree with you. Haga is in a very good form and he knows the Yamaha better, but I hope Corser can take some podium places and maybe a victory in the next races.
    The first rider Corser needs to beat every time is Nori and he seldom does. If Nori-san can make the R1 sing Corser needs to do the same.

Corser is a fine rider and a two time World Champion, but he has been on the slide for some time now. Yes he could ride on as Frankie did and become somewhat a sideshow to the main event but I would prefer he walked out head held high.

WSBK need to ensure new talent is injected into the championship. A simple answer to producing better racing and a better WSBK would be to have two good riders on the factory supported teams (Rolfo & Lanzi - hint hint!).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Corser has a pedigree that Haga can only dream about - Australian SBK title, AMA title, two world titles, more Superpoles than you can shake a steering damper at - why aren't we suggesting that Haga should give it away? It's obvious who is the winningest rider at Yamaha right now. Corser's just having an off year. My only criticism of Corser is that he doesn't race at 100% when the bike isn't perfect, but that can be said of 90% of racers in any series.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    Where to for Troy Corser the 1996 and 2005 World Superbike Champion?

Troy was dumped by Suzuki at the end of 06' in favour of Max Biaggi and then picked up by Yamaha at the expense of compatriot Andrew Pitt.

Corser has returned to the Troy of old, fast qualifier and fast starter followed by slipping back through the pack. Troy had tumultuous times with Aprillia and Foggy Petronas following his unceremonious departure from Ducati. There was also the miss adventure into GP's with Yamaha.

I believe it is time for Troy Corser an Australian and American Superbike Champion to hang up the Suomy and let his record remain as intact as it can be. Each future event will only tarnish a hot and cold career.
    I think the wise choice there.

Talk about old rider, how safe Biaggi's seat at Suzuki Corona Alstare, He seems to be the older the hotter. This is now his first year there, where usually most riders have to make adjustment to the most races and the championship, and taking a turn for the better in the second year and afterwards.