Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: WTCC Models

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Yep, due into the UK any day now. Got mine @ £40 a piece. Will be interesting to compare to the Norev version.
    AND?? How does it compare??

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDS
    AND?? How does it compare??
    Sorry. The Spark version is much weightier, as would be expected. The Spark slightly edges the Norev in terms of finish as well, the decals, and more noticeably, their application is better on my Sparks. Spark capture the reflective outlines around the Chevrolet badges which is missing from the Norev, and if its something that concerns you on 1:43, the interior looks marginally better on the Spark. At least on my example of the Rob Huff one, the wheels were stuck to the base and I was seriously concerned it was going to damage the model pulling it away (it didn't, fortunately). In terms of poise, the Spark looks a lot better, much lower to the ground, however that comes at the cost of the wheels being stuck in place and unable to rotate, whereas the Norev is able to be rolled on its wheels. Overall fairly equal though, if they both produced a version of the same car, I'd just go for whichever was cheaper.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    pretty much what i'd thought.

although i must say i found the early norev cars to be better overall than the later models, build qaulity and even decal placement.

Is this new spark model resin or do you know if it is white metal?

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    I'm not sure, but given the models that advertise they are white metal are usually 3x the price, I'd guess its resin. Spark usually is.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!