Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts

Did I miss much?

When I realised before the start of the season that ITV1 would not cover all of the races in the BTCC season I was very dissapointed and it was made worse when the same was to happen for the WRC. I took a bit of a sabbatical from the sport which, well, didn't last too long and I'm trying to get back into it again. But that's beside the point. Is the BTCC any use this season and will races be appearing on ITV1 soon or Setanta? The lineup of drivers and cars looks absolutely class I have to admit and I seen a couple of pictures from Donington which were enough to inspire to write the thread!

Oh and, good to be back for the time being anyway! :
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The last 5 rounds are live on ITV1. Therefore, from Donington onwards, you can watch it again (ie you've missed one already)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its actually been pretty good this year. The SEATs and Vauxhalls are pretty evenly matched, and the semi-works Honda Civics aren't far behind.

The privately run BMW of Matt Jackson and Mike Jordan's Integra are pretty competitive too, and even Adam Jones' Toledo can mix it with the front runners from time to time.

Been the best year of BTCC racing since the super touring era, I'd say.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haddock
    Its actually been pretty good this year. The SEATs and Vauxhalls are pretty evenly matched, and the semi-works Honda Civics aren't far behind.
    I would quite agree with most things but I think you could include the fact the downside(s) to the Leon has been shown up this season thanks to the Vectra. A brand harry spankers car doing as well if not better than a 1yr old Leon because it has the crucial advantage of being a saloon and not a hatchback which is notoriously slow because of the boxy aerodynamics.

"aren't far behind" is a good word for Team Dynamics also. One non-points scoring place all term (Neal's 13th at Croft) but seemingly just not able to win consistently enough for me. Three wins in 18 races.

The privately run BMW of Matt Jackson and Mike Jordan's Integra are pretty competitive too, and even Adam Jones' Toledo can mix it with the front runners from time to time.
    Jackson and Jordan are the real stars for me to. But whilst I agree about Adam it ain't just him for me. Given the age of the ZS Jason Hughes hasn't done badly in terms of positions. Pinkney also.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess Jones won't be racing next time due to GR beings in Sweden? It must be getting annoying for him, every time he races he does really well, probably far better than he expected, only for that to happen.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Jones is working on a solution to attend Snetterton I believe.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexD
    It must be getting annoying for him, every time he races he does really well, probably far better than he expected, only for that to happen.
    Thing is every time that red and silver Toledo has run a full race he has gotten in the points on ever ocassion.

The only other Independents to finish in the points in every race he has completed are Mat Jackson and Mike Jordan. Probably both ways you look at it aswell. From the view of the points in the overall Drivers Championship and the points in the Independent Drivers Championship. Which speaks volumes for how strong the Team Air Cool Toledo of his really is.

Imagine how many more points than what he has now given his form he could have in the bag if he hadn't missed those two meets.

Still, I am sure GR Asia's primary concern is after all the WTCC. O'Brien, Coronel and Cresoli for me have been underperforming. Coronel especially. He lies 2nd bottom with 4pts. GR I think want to get much more points than their driver have now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Jones is working on a solution to attend Snetterton I believe.
    He's going to buy a ticket and watch from the stands? :
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Been the best year of BTCC racing since the super touring era, I'd say.
    I would agree. It's even been relatively clean by BTCC standards.

With the Vauxhalls, SEATs, Team Dynamics Hondas and the WSR and Jackson BMWs so evenly matched (if not at every circuit), Mike Jordan going superbly, Adam Jones showing real pace and even Chris Stockton's Lexus able to mix it, 2007 has been excellent.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I would agree. It's even been relatively clean by BTCC standards.

With the Vauxhalls, SEATs, Team Dynamics Hondas and the WSR and Jackson BMWs so evenly matched (if not at every circuit), Mike Jordan going superbly, Adam Jones showing real pace and even Chris Stockton's Lexus able to mix it, 2007 has been excellent.
    It appears easier to mention those who have been doing well.

Can any of us name those who haven't been doing well? This is not a rhetorical question btw.

I will give Stockton the benefit of the doubt. He has only finished 8 of the 18 races this season but their is other factors. Actually racing form for one. And he must have competed well with other racers for you to have mentioned him. Indeed his finishing form is good.

Other than Pocklington I struggle very much.