Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

*Official* Lorenzo to Yamaha

Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd announces that it has concluded a two-year agreement with 250cc World Champion Jorge Lorenzo. The 20-year-old Spaniard will make his MotoGP debut in 2008 aboard a YZR-M1, with direct Factory support.

Lorenzo, who won the 250 title in 2006, is currently leading the championship, after winning six out of the first ten races this season.

"Yamaha has been watching Jorge's career with interest for some time and we are delighted that he will be joining our MotoGP line-up from next season” - commented Lin Jarvis, Managing Director of Yamaha Motor Racing. “We are sure that he will be a valuable asset for the future and we look forward to the commencement of his MotoGP career with Yamaha.”

The exact structure of Yamaha’s team and rider organization is still under consideration at the present time. Further details, including Lorenzo’s team structure, will be announced in due course.
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yamaha MoCo have made the right decision in hiring a young gun.

In this 800 era perhaps Jorge will come up to speed quickly, but I think he will take a season or two to become a serious contender.

Yamaha must start grooming now before Rossi moves on.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I wonder if Fortuna will follow him, I'm sure Altadis werent very happy with their last sponsorship deal with Yamaha. Maybe he will ride for Chupa Chups Yamaha, that would be sweet :

best of luck to him, though I do hope he gets his ass kicked initially otherwise his head will become so big it wont fit into his helmet. Lorenzo is like Biaggi, a great talent but very self absorbed
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    I wonder if Fortuna will follow him, I'm sure Altadis werent very happy with their last sponsorship deal with Yamaha. Maybe he will ride for Chupa Chups Yamaha, that would be sweet :

best of luck to him, though I do hope he gets his ass kicked initially otherwise his head will become so big it wont fit into his helmet. Lorenzo is like Biaggi, a great talent but very self absorbed
    Interesting you say that ChrisS. I remember reading an interview with Jorge, last year I think, and it was Biaggi that he looked up to. I guess he is emulating him pretty well at the moment!
    This announcement (aka, the world's worst kept secret) really adds some spice to the championship next year. I read in one of the other threads that Stoners wins don't really seem to rate a mention like Rossi's, especially in the days of Max and Sete. I think this is because they get along, there is no aggro between them. Even Casey and Dani get along fine now. There is nothing like a fierce rivalry of dislike between top riders to really create some interest and love or hate Jorge, he will certainly add some intrigue to the series next year.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    Interesting you say that ChrisS. I remember reading an interview with Jorge, last year I think, and it was Biaggi that he looked up to. I guess he is emulating him pretty well at the moment!
    This announcement (aka, the world's worst kept secret) really adds some spice to the championship next year. I read in one of the other threads that Stoners wins don't really seem to rate a mention like Rossi's, especially in the days of Max and Sete. I think this is because they get along, there is no aggro between them. Even Casey and Dani get along fine now. There is nothing like a fierce rivalry of dislike between top riders to really create some interest and love or hate Jorge, he will certainly add some intrigue to the series next year.
    Agreed Ninja..... i honestly didn't think that i could hate a rider more than i hated Biaggi, but jeez, "Lorenzo's Land" or whatever he wants to promote himself as is making me think twice.

Such arrogance, so annoying and disrespectful....... what a ****er. I think he may very well be a target next year, not just by Rossi, but a few others also.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was thinking the same thing after the Laguna race.. Why aren't there fireworks in park ferme anymore? Why doesnt Rossi go and slug people (i.e Biaggi) in the nose after races anymore? I think Lorenzo could bring back the controversy and excitement (as far as rivalry goes) that is currently missing from the premier class..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    I was thinking the same thing after the Laguna race.. Why aren't there fireworks in park ferme anymore? Why doesnt Rossi go and slug people (i.e Biaggi) in the nose after races anymore? I think Lorenzo could bring back the controversy and excitement (as far as rivalry goes) that is currently missing from the premier class..

oooohhh i think we will see it next year with that little knob there

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good for Lorenzo and Yamaha imo. Hopefully Valentino lets Jorge play on equal footing next year.

Personally though, can't stand Jorge. I am, and always will be, on the Hector Barbera side of the fence.
    Jono Porter 12/05/81 - 09/06/04
    MX's Celeb Crush - Sue Bird :love:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mx311
    Good for Lorenzo and Yamaha imo. Hopefully Valentino lets Jorge play on equal footing next year.

Personally though, can't stand Jorge. I am, and always will be, on the Hector Barbera side of the fence.
    Consider me on the Dovisioso side of the fence in that case mx

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hector, while simple, is much more likeable than Lorenzo, who I dont think is likeable in the slightest..