Page 7 of 120 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: BTCC Models

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was going for £7.50 or thereabouts when I bid on it. Was thinking I could get a bargain there!
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    It was going for £7.50 or thereabouts when I bid on it. Was thinking I could get a bargain there!

Now that would have been a bargain!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    missed this one totally!! If I had seen it I would have out in a bid as it would have saved me making a model! Did manage to pick up a Cleland (I take it your Clelandfan) 2001 Bathurst car signed by John, hence why I sold you mine! Also recently got John to sign my 93 and 96 car as well and Matt Neal to sign the 93 BMW. Makes them a bit more unique.
    Cleland is a legend. :cool:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, that's me. I got the one I bought from you signed at Donington in 2004.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's where I got my other 2 signed!! What's funny is I remember someone getting one signed when I got mine done and they told me it was off ebay, it could have been you!!!! Did you get the model signed or just the box?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was the plastic case/box.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It wasn't you then!!! Small world though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't understand this signed model business!
    Why would you want the model signed?

I can understand to a degree having the case or base signed, but not the model!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wish i had seen that Audi on eBay, i would definatly have bid on that, however from the sounds of things it wouldn't have been a bargain if us lot had seen it

I do have my eye on a couple though, a couple of BMW's no doubt you have seen the Racing Replica's 1992 Tim Harvey, and a different 95 BMW which i have allready bid on.

The Tim Harvey one, well i have been saving up while its been listed, and it might cost a bit.

With regards to signatures on models, i dont have any of mine signed, although if i knew John Cleland i think i would like my Cavaliers and Bathurst Falcon signed by the legend himself.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDS
    I don't understand this signed model business!
    Why would you want the model signed?

I can understand to a degree having the case or base signed, but not the model!
    I only have a couple signed and I can see both points of view, some don't want to ruin the model while having the car signed just makes it a little different.

I don't bother with the signing of the cases as I show my models in cabinets and you wouldn't see the signatures, where as on the model you can see it in the display. I suppose it's just your own preference, my mate thinks it will increase the price of the model, I don't know whether it would. Personally the ones I have signed are the only ones I will do and from my favorite drivers and I will never sell.

One question to all. How many models are you able to display? The wife will allow only 2 cabinets (approx 42 cars) so most are store away (as waste If you ask me!) and I have to change my cabinets from time to time.