Page 76 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Jamie, 13 miles on a mountain bike might take a while. Depending on the terrain I would suggest putting some slick tyres on.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    Jamie, 13 miles on a mountain bike might take a while. Depending on the terrain I would suggest putting some slick tyres on.
    Since his bike has suspension and the likes, then slicks would be fine even if the surface is a bit rocky.

So you're talking, Sherburn, Pittington, Low Moorsley, Hetton, off road past Great Eppleton, then straight North across the A19?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    Got it in one Mark. Seems the route with the least amount of hills...

Planning to buy a set of slick (or semi slick) tyres but will have to wait for pay day for that!
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    You've got quite a few ways you could vary that route with different roads and an off road path towards Hetton. I guess mixing it up is the way to keep it interesting!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE

Planning to buy a set of slick (or semi slick) tyres but will have to wait for pay day for that!
    I can donate some Schwalbe Ultremo's for you, two month of commuting and I lost confidence with them after getting two punctures on a rainy day. Now I'm switching back to trusty Scwalbe Durano's. Only one puncture in two years and even then I got home 15km on a slowly flattening rear.

Did a 1,5 hour mtb ride yesterday and I was knackered half way to the ride. 26C isn't the best temperature to do technical trails.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    I can donate some Schwalbe Ultremo's for you, two month of commuting and I lost confidence with them after getting two punctures on a rainy day. Now I'm switching back to trusty Scwalbe Durano's. Only one puncture in two years and even then I got home 15km on a slowly flattening rear.

Did a 1,5 hour mtb ride yesterday and I was knackered half way to the ride. 26C isn't the best temperature to do technical trails.
    Janneppi, I am surprised to hear about your Ultremo's. I've had my Ultremo pinks on for a little over a year and never had a single puncture having ridden in pretty much every weather condition in them. I have a replacement set in my garage if anything does ever go wrong with them but I think I'll be fine for many Km's yet. My other half has Ultremo reds and they had their first puncture in just under a year a few weeks ago but that was only due to a rock ripping a hole in the tyre.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Even worse, I had more durable Ultremo DD's which have a puncture protecion layer. The first puncure was small sharp rock which pushed through the into the inner tube, second one was from the same spot, I guess the tyre had some damage which ate the new inner tube in 3km distance I did check for sharp objects before putting the tube in place.

Funny stuff, I put the new Duranos on both wheels 10 minutes ago, as I was typing this post, the rear inner tube blew up.

Quite a bang from 7bar to 0 in half a second
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    I'm really shocked at the distances posted by some on this thread. I'm probably older than most, have old crap equipment, and have put well in excess of 800 Km in this month. Maybe I just see the bar of standards in a different way than some of the younger..... wait... hold on a minute..... this thread exempts powered vehicles? My bad... props to everyone out there putting in the miles!

I'm hoping to dig my old POS bike out and start putting some miles in. My area isn't much for relaxing biking, far too much traffic and lack of close/good trails. But I might start beating the early morning stuff.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    If only I had more weekend and less week. I actually do far more exercise in a given month than distance I actually drive. No sure on distance as a passenger compared to exercise though. Haha

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    ...I'm hoping to dig my old POS bike out and start putting some miles in. ....
    That's exactly what I did!
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti