Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143
Results 1,421 to 1,423 of 1423
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    In the nicest possiblele way can I just say that muscle weighs more than fat. I had never lost any weight training for half marathons until my last one where I also gave up alcohol. :Laugh:
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    In the nicest possiblele way can I just say that muscle weighs more than fat. I had never lost any weight training for half marathons until my last one where I also gave up alcohol.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I really had to to dig to find this thread.
    So, it's a new year, time to get all delusional about getting fit . The very thing that we are waiting for the 1st of January to start getting fit should be a good sign of how committed we really are.

My 2016 was quite bad, fitnesswise. I ran 2046km. In December I realized that I could actually cover the distance between my town, Oradea, and Barcelona and after I finished on the 31st of December I realized I made an accounting error. I logged a run twice, somehow, so I fell short of my random meaningless goal. But the really bad part of it all is that I actually gained weight. That's almost depressing. My running was supposed to be the thing that perfectly regulated my body weight. Doesn't seem to be working very well. I guess, if you eat so much crap like I did, you have to do intercontinental runs .
    I do much better with my weight control when I can stay active. Sometimes life gets in the way, and sometimes I just slack off. But that's a fairly solid chunk of miles you ran either way.

If I could get to the point that weight control with or without exercise was easy, life would be grand. But I'll admit I love having loads of extra calories to consume after a hard workout!

Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl View Post
    In the nicest possiblele way can I just say that muscle weighs more than fat. I had never lost any weight training for half marathons until my last one where I also gave up alcohol.
    Sometimes those small things add up. None of us gained weight super quick, and likely won't lose it super quick unless we remove something from the intake side.

As for me, I have to chill for a bit until I talk to my doctor. I had to go in for an MRI last week, and need to avoid certain things regarding my back until I have a plan from the doc. Hopefully restrictions will be minimal.