Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    P.S. If people want to be super safe, become a doctor and not a racecar driver
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    This from the same man, who gave us Groved tyres, narrow track cars.
    Mutli- pitstops (Dangerous for pit crews).

He should look at himself before criticising overs!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Better still he should just shut and Leave all together!!!!!
    Ayrton Senna Is the one true GOD!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Max is correct in so far as to say the drivers don't necessarily know all the technical aspects of circuit design and safety equipment.

But to imply that they should effectively mind their own business and not consider the safety of their competitors, the marshals, spectators and not least themselves - well that beggars belief.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    If it were up to the drivers, they would race on huge car park with acres of paved runoff.

Not at all, it is quite common to hear them complain when a challenging (ie dangerous) corner is changed.
    Its not like F1 drivers NEED to do it to earn a living, if they wanted to drive in absolute safety they wouldn't be in motor racing.

Danger=Challenge=Adreneline, they just don't want to actually die.

In any industry Health & Safety (should) takes on board the opinions of those at risk.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    To be fair, MM was racing in the same race as Jim Clark on the day the Scot was killed at Hockenheim, so he does speak with some authority as a driver.
    What, in the same way he understands what it means to be a team owner in modern F1 from his failed term as a team principle?
    Just being there couldn't mean less.
    I don't remember him leading the charge for safety during those horrible years as a driver nor owner. That was left for those with balls that risked their very driving careers to do just that off track while their friends kept dying on track. Buck the powers that did little at all if anything to even remotely look at safety and made them change. That is where, when and why the GPDA was born.
    Max's years in power shadow those stagnate negligent b-----ds to be as fair as it gets. His condescending attitude to those that do have an inside understanding and value that isn't the same as his remains a sign of an unintelligent man in one way or another with a misplaced superiority complex at best.
    Won't you re-up for the greatest moral cause since Sodom and Gomorrah?

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    March were hardly a failure. Their success in almost every series they attempted to compete in does not make MM a failure as he was there from the start.

However, I'm not here to defend his record, but just to provide a little perspective.

It can be very easy to criticise someone in his position. His predecessor, Jean-Marie Balestre was perhaps even more controversial
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    March were hardly a failure. Their success in almost every series they attempted to compete in does not make MM a failure as he was there from the start.

However, I'm not here to defend his record, but just to provide a little perspective.

It can be very easy to criticise someone in his position. His predecessor, Jean-Marie Balestre was perhaps even more controversial
    Mad Max is trying to make Balastre look good !

After last year's FIAsico at Indy... Mad Max...

DAMN NEAR suceeded too !

mokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He's right in the point that drivers surely doesn't know the technical part of safety, but they the ones who drive tha cars anyway so I don't see why they shouldn't have a say when it comes to safety, I usually defend Mosley with some "controversial" stuff he does but now he's behaving like an ass
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just added balance to your perspective. And March did far better without him.
    Won't you re-up for the greatest moral cause since Sodom and Gomorrah?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If the drivers do genuinely have their figures wrong then they need to be told. I don't want to insult any of you but some of you seem to have read the headline created a story in your head and posted a comment. To be honest I recokon all thats happened so far is there's been some emails, some meetings within the sides of the debate, not between, and most of all some interviews with the press. It's not even worth worrying about...
    Extremely impressed with the first 43 laps of Bourdais' race