Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Btcc Dvd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les
    i've won a copy - pretty chuffed about that
    lucky so-and-so
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great review Much better than the shambles we've had before, and it seems to show some coverage that wasn't on ITV....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree, it's a vast improvement. It's got a feeling of quality to it now. It seems to have taken the Motors TV footage as opposed to the ITV1 footage and used that.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    It feels like a review of the year. Rather than a string of poorly edited races.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    A great improvement. There are still some errors, but not many, and Angus Scott's presence makes the whole thing seem a lot more professional.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    A great improvement. There are still some errors, but not many, and Angus Scott's presence makes the whole thing seem a lot more professional.
    Not much more.. His worst Murray Walker moment is at the start of the third race at Knockhill when he includes Dave Pinkney as one of the cars that missed the third race due to accident damage! Yet the black and pink Honda starts the race from fourth on the grid!?!

And still they can't spell DONINGTON!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not many people are able to spell it properly, even the circuit themselves!
    You lot still here?!

Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat
    Not much more.. His worst Murray Walker moment is at the start of the third race at Knockhill when he includes Dave Pinkney as one of the cars that missed the third race due to accident damage! Yet the black and pink Honda starts the race from fourth on the grid!?! [/B]
    That was one of the errors to which I was referring.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat
    Not much more.. His worst Murray Walker moment is at the start of the third race at Knockhill when he includes Dave Pinkney as one of the cars that missed the third race due to accident damage! Yet the black and pink Honda starts the race from fourth on the grid!?!

And still they can't spell DONINGTON!
    You can understand some errors from the commentators. But from the narrator and captions used on the disc? That's just being sloppy!

My main gripe is, why at the start of the disc, do they show a montage of action from 2005? The disc covers the 2006 championship! This is the first disc they have done it on. They do show it again as a quick glimpse of 2005 later on..

I give it 10 out of 10 for content. But 5 out of 10 for presentation!

Quote Originally Posted by PDS
    You can understand some errors from the commentators. But from the narrator and captions used on the disc? That's just being sloppy!
    Narrator, yes, but the captions I can understand to some extent. The same errors appeared in the captions as used on the original coverage, and I would assume the decision was taken not to do new ones for the DVD. Still, it would be better if they could be corrected.