Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Good for Wilson jr.

Wilson jr. admit in the newest article of chrash.net that he didn't score enough points in current season. http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~Wil...~id~141446.htm

Now, I'm not expert in rallying and I don't want to bash the guy but NO **** ????

Very good though he doesn't build castle in Spain
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    well he was the only driver to ever retire in each round and do superally in each round to add.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    No need to start a thread about it was there. Not that there is really anything else to talk about.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    A guy with good comon sense that only has a father without that behaviour. 2006 in a Stobart grp N Subaru had been much better, I said that in January, but ok. Who am i to make comments?

After first year in WRC, everybody wait results in 2007, no doubts about that and no space to excuses. The knowledge of rallyes is there, the experience is there, if the skills are there too then the results will appear.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    well he was the only driver to ever retire in each round and do superally in each round to add.
    Don't remember him retiring in WRGB? so not qite every round.

Why would it have been better JAM he's done a full season in a WRC car and driven the vast majority of stages with help from SupeRally. That sets him up next year perfectly and as you say if he doesnt do better next year then fine. I just cant see how putting him in a slower car would have helped, apart from keeping forumers off his back, but luckily he doesn't have to listen to the narrow minded ranting of the people on here (not especially aimed at you JAM).

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    Why would it have been better JAM he's done a full season in a WRC car and driven the vast majority of stages with help from SupeRally. That sets him up next year perfectly and as you say if he doesnt do better next year then fine. I just cant see how putting him in a slower car would have helped, apart from keeping forumers off his back, but luckily he doesn't have to listen to the narrow minded ranting of the people on here (not especially aimed at you JAM).

With a Grp N car Wilson Jr would had been away from the eyes of WRC followers, besides de fact that he had saved money. In a WRC everybody was looking at him, specially because is Wilson's son and has promoted at the beggining of the year as youngest in a WRC. IMO he felt the pressure, even if he says that didn't. With a grp N he had learned the rallyes and in 2007 could make some good results in a WRC that would be seen as very positive, as an evolution. Now, he must do good results to be seen as a good driver because everybody is waiting it. The fact of having 19 or 20 yo is useless, he is between the big ones and must be fast and consistent, otherwise will be seen as a wast of resources.

Mr Wilson wanted his son in a WRC car as soon as possible. He had it. And now? Now pay the price. Pressure from all that follow the WRC. No mistakes allowed in 2007 otherwise we know what will happen.... and the forum is a litle peace of rally fans. I know a lot of people that don't come here and when talking about Matthew Wilson they say "ah that one that the father gave a WRC car. Rich one..." Be seen as a rich one and not as a good drivers probably is not the intention os his project. isn't it?
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    But would Malcolm Wilson let his son driving another car than a Ford ??

I mean in GrN, until S2000 come, you have only two japanese cars: Mitsubishi and Subaru...nothing from Ford, the factory represented by Malcolm

He shouldnt have to feel the pressure though he should just be able to develop at his own pace. I think these are more your views then those of the world's WRC fans. He isnt taking anyones drive, his dad is giving him a shot, if he's prepared to do it then fine, its not his fault people expect too much of a young driver. It's not like he's been given the role of president or something he's just driving a car so what on earth is the problem I really fail to see why it is such an issue.

Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    No mistakes allowed in 2007 otherwise we know what will happen....

What will happen? He has a five year plan in the WRC and he's in no hurry. He hasnt set the stages alight this year, we all know that, but its a big learning curve going from National events to the WRC. This year, ok, he hasnt finished every round, but he's gained experience of the events, and of driving a WRC car.

As I've said before, without him there wouldnt be a Stobart M2 team, which would mean others (Latvala, Companc, etc) probably wouldnt be out there in the second car.