Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LH's & MS's first corner defense

my trouble maker thread . . .

When the race started and LH managed to stay ahead of Kimi after the first corner, the announcers compared LH start with Michael Schumacher's signature starts when he was on pole.
    Lewis drove to the center of the track and then positioned himself for the turn.
    Is this comparison a good one? is LH getting into a bad habit or is all this just a bunch of whiny bull?

mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    IMO is was a schumi-esque move

but i was always a schumi fan so i didnt really mind
    nowhere fast.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I have no problem with drivers blocking others. I don't understand the 'you can only move once to defend your line' rule. This is racing, the drivers should race each other, not let each other past because they are in a faster car, how is that exciting.

Look at todays race. I found the few laps when Kimi was looking for a gap to pass Lewis before he pitted far more exciting than all of Massa's climb up the field. No-one tried to stop Massa from passing, it was dull.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Look at todays race. I found the few laps when Kimi was looking for a gap to pass Lewis before he pitted far more exciting than all of Massa's climb up the field. No-one tried to stop Massa from passing, it was dull.
    That was 2 laps with Kimi attacking Lewis, and he had only one real attempt.
    As for Massa I might say that DC, JB and maybe NR didn't just let him through, and his batle with RK was great to watch, certainly better than watching Lewis cruise around in 3rd! Now that was boring, but hey, it was the British GP and we had to see him no matter what.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Yes, I very much agree with you, Brown Jon Brow but the 'one move' rule was put in place because in Spa 2000, Schumi blocked Hakkinen and then forced Hakkkinen onto the grass (a lap just before that passing manouvre) and its a bit of a no-no in racing. And it did look like as if Lewis was going to force onto the grass or misjudged how much space he had in his blind spot.

50/50, IMO.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Lewis was moving back onto the racing line in his defence to take the corner.

I'm surprised how aggressive Lewis was with Kimi, but it was a joy to watch. I'm sure he won't turn into a cheat the way Schumacher did. There's aggressive, and there's punting off oppositions deliberately. Lewis is aggressive, Michael was the latter.

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    To be honest, and I'm British...if it was anyone but Hamilton then Allen & Brundle would be questioning the "chop" tactics used by Hamilton today. From what I am aware, you move once and stick to it. Hamilton moved across and then back again - thats TWO movements. If Schumacher had done precisely the same we'd have all manner of abuse on this forum about it

I like Hamilton, but I think he needs to just calm down with these aggressive moves. On one occasion he will get hit from behind, which is very dangerous and the whole point of why your not supposed to cross all over the track in front of another car.

On a more positive note, Raikkonen blew Alonso and Hamilton away today, that was a classic drive
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am not Lewis fan, but what he did I can accept it as long as he was defending his line. For me it is normal as long as there is no clear FIA rule stating what is blocking or not.

I am saying this, because Massa, Alonso, Kimmi, and others drivers who have been caught in the traffic in previous race were mourning on this.

No one did comment on Heidfeld blocking all the possible way to Fernando in France but what was a comment here?! Massa had the same problem in France and no one did say anything.

Lewis again is used in such manoeuvre because he did the same thing in Indianapolis (if I am not mistaken) when Alonso were trying to overtake him, he came in the center to block Alonso, then Alonso changed to the left untill they become equal on the braking line and Lewis pushed to the left to take the correct line to enter in the right corner and Alonso had to brake and let him pass otherwise it could be a disaster for Macca.

So for me, it is normal now that any driver can block another as much as possible he can until the last second. But it is risky

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Yes, I very much agree with you, Brown Jon Brow but the 'one move' rule was put in place because in Spa 2000, Schumi blocked Hakkinen and then forced Hakkkinen onto the grass (a lap just before that passing manouvre) and its a bit of a no-no in racing. And it did look like as if Lewis was going to force onto the grass or misjudged how much space he had in his blind spot.

50/50, IMO.
    I couldn't find a source, but I am almost sure that the "one-move" rule is older than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    To be honest, and I'm British...if it was anyone but Hamilton then Allen & Brundle would be questioning the "chop" tactics used by Hamilton today. From what I am aware, you move once and stick to it. Hamilton moved across and then back again - thats TWO movements. If Schumacher had done precisely the same we'd have all manner of abuse on this forum about it

I like Hamilton, but I think he needs to just calm down with these aggressive moves. On one occasion he will get hit from behind, which is very dangerous and the whole point of why your not supposed to cross all over the track in front of another car.

On a more positive note, Raikkonen blew Alonso and Hamilton away today, that was a classic drive
    My thoughts exactly when Martin said that he thought the move was fair
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hamilton a dirty driver.

Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    my trouble maker thread . . .

When the race started and LH managed to stay ahead of Kimi after the first corner, the announcers compared LH start with Michael Schumacher's signature starts when he was on pole.
    Lewis drove to the center of the track and then positioned himself for the turn.
    Is this comparison a good one? is LH getting into a bad habit or is all this just a bunch of whiny bull?

mokin:
    Hamilton uses dirty tactics in all his starts. One of these times he is going to take himself and others out in turn one if he keeps it up.