Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jpm, Jpm, Jpm!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Coversely, Mears had to jump into the most competitive car in NASCAR (Hendrick Motorsports) to get his first victory in Cup. Juan did it in the same uncompetitive car Casey simply was not able to (the 42).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianChiefJoy
    Coversely, Mears had to jump into the most competitive car in NASCAR (Hendrick Motorsports) to get his first victory in Cup. Juan did it in the same uncompetitive car Casey simply was not able to (the 42).

Not exactly. The HMS #25 car has had a pretty poor track record in recent memory. You'd have to go back to 1987 to find a truly winning #25 HMS car when it was piloted by Tim Richmond. Nice try though.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So, is Casey using a 20 years old chassis?, I don't think so. In twenty years Hendick has won quite a few races as an organization. Ganassi didn't win a single race in 5 years (be it the 40, 41, 42, 32 or whatever). Maybe Mears is using the same car-spec JG and JJ are using. In the end HE WON in that HMS car (I believe, the most competitive car in NASCAR, that's why he went there, isn't it?). He couldn't do it in Ganassi's car.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    I am impressed - he his moving up the grid and is hell on wheels on the road courses - when is the glen??
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Lets face the reality. For a guy who never raced a stock car on ovals before the end of last year, he is making shows and while struggling, he has done alright at other times. Of course he did well on the road courses, he better being a top flight f1 driver. For anyone to expect miracles and a win on an oval is dreaming.

I said at the start of the year, he would struggle for a year, and if the guys accepted him, he might have time to develop and maybe succeed. Ganassi's teams don't win and none of the Dodges have really made much impact, so why is anyone knocking the guy? I keep waiting for Kurt Busch, Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman and Scott Riggs to win in a Dodge in Cup Racing. Until this happens, don't be expecting Montoya to win on an oval. He has one more win the rest of those guys this year.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".