Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Two things in attorney's statement don't check out:

1. When he says: "From what I've learned, many types of offences can be identified, such as aggravated damage or sporting fraud" He is not mentioning an other charge: aggravated assault. That's because, according to the magistrate leading this investigation, sabotaging an engine (well...in this case at least two) you also jeopardize the life of the drivers that at the moment are driving these cars a such amazing speeds.

2. When he says: "On the matter of Stepney being unreachable, it must not be considered as an attempt to flee. I'm convinced he is on vacation and in the dark about this story'

If Stepney is on vacation and unaware of this situation, who hired his attorney? Ferrari?

An other interesting story that's developping amoung the Italian tifosi, is last year Schumacker's engine problem. It had not occured in 6 years, and all of the sudden, in a very crucial moment of the championship, his engine blows up in flames. Given the fact that Stepney then was still with the team, would he have any thing to do with it? The saga continues.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Good article. I could actually make this article better, I dare saying, by completing one the sentences in this article. Where it says: " Stepney started his F1 career at the age of 21" I would complete it by saying: " and he ended it at the age of 49". Still assuming that what is being reported by the media is correct, in fact, after all this, fair or not fair, I don't think there is going to be a team who would want to hire him anymore.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Attorney rules out sabotage.
    That's just misleading at best... HIS (Stepne's) attorney ruled out sabatoge.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Very ugly, very ugly. I am shocked.
    Formula 1

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GP-M3
    There was link for those who know where to click.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Breaking News: We found out where Stepny is: in the Filippines on vacation. He's planning to be back in July. It's not known how......eagerly....

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GP-M3

Well, OJ's attorney ruled out murder.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Well, OJ's attorney ruled out murder.
    Anybody know if Stepney is missing a glove? (BTW - OJ was framed by Ron and Nicole! LINK - http://www.joefrank.com/amember/free...p?request=5710)
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Forgive my ignorance of these matters, but is there a criminal case to be heard in such circumstances? If so, what would it be? Is industrial espionage a criminal offence? I must say I've forgotten.
    Certainly, BDunnell, industrial espionage can be criminal. In almost any jurisdiction, so probably even in Italy, the law criminalises theft, misappropriation, sale of stolen goods, and a host of other activities that a man would have to engage in to make money out of selling corporate secrets to his employer's competitor. These would all be civil wrongs as well, but the key in the Stepney case is the fact that Stepney's apartment was searched by police. The government does not search your apartment in a civil case.

The search tells us that Ferrari must have complained of a crime, and that the police and prosecutors took the criminal complaint seriously enough to get the Italian equivalent of a search warrant. So this is clearly a serious problem for Mr. Stepney, as he is facing possible criminal charges.

Stepney quickly fired his court-appointed counsel and hired his own lawyer. He then declared, through counsel, that he was anxious to cooperate with the Italian authorities in every way, answer their questions, and put his faith in the justice system. I would have advised him to keep his mouth firmly shut.