Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Can you recall...

..the very first three auto racing sims you purchased in your life?

For me, it was:

1-Enduro for the Atari 2600 (early 80s)
    2-Andretti Racing for the Sega Saturn
    3-Sega Rally Championship for the Sega Saturn
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    The 1st three that I purchased. (I don't by them that often)

1) Gran Turismo 2
    2) TOCA World Touring Cars
    3) TOCA Race Driver 3

The 1st three that I received as gifts

1) TOCA Touring Car Championship
    2) TOCA 2 Touring Cars
    3) Colin Mcrae Rally 2

The 1st three that I played on

1) 'Slicks' (on Commodore 64 )
    2) Monster Trucks (again on C64)
    3) Rally Championship
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    The 1st three that I played on

1) 'Slicks' (on Commodore 64 )
    2) Monster Trucks (again on C64)
    3) Rally Championship

This makes you look REALLY old!!!!!!
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    This makes you look REALLY old!!!!!!
    This was early 90's when I was 4. The Commadore 64 was my sister and brothers machine, and they are now in their 30's/late20's.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    The Commadore 64 was my sister and brothers machine, and they are now in their 30's/late20's.
    I resemble that comment

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PS1 GT1
    PS1 GT2
    PS2 F1 Career
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I remember my dad had Enduro racing for his Atari 2600, and I played it when I was around 5-6 years old, then I also remember playing some F1 game made by accolade on a PC.
    but the first ones I bought were: Gran Turismo, Colin McRae Rally and Need for Speed 3, all for PS1
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    comadore 64?!?!?! wow. that's why you have so much character I guess JB - character beyond your years...

I was going to say mine was Outrun on my Sega in like the late 80s I guess. I loved that game - do a segment, then come to a split and have to choose left or right, then do another segment then another split!

and you got to pick your "radio" station.

and if you made it to the end the hottie in the ferrari's passanger seat got out and start strutting around good stuff!

there was also "hang on" for sega, the motorcycle game. that was actually a better racing game as you had to pick proper line through the turns & such.

and wayyy before that there was "night racer" on the 2600 - complete with the paddle wheel instead of the joystick. you really had to get those paddle spins down perfectly to get through the esses!

fast forward to this century - last year someone game me an old PS1 and I found a used CART racing game & some version of Test Drive and my love affair with sim racing was reborn!
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking of feeling old!!!!

The first for me was "Revs" for the old BBC Model B (1984) (The tracks were just a black strip in between a sea of green with red and white lines marking the kerbs. No scenery at all and the car was a collection of squares vaguely looking like a single seater racing car!!!

Next up would be "Pole Position" on the same computer and very much a similar experience despite it supposing to be the same as the arcade game in the amusements.

Bit of a gap then until "Network Q Rally Championship" (1996) on pc. Real Network Q rally stages driven in real time. Some were over 1/2 an hour long!!! A great game in it's day.
    BatRacer: Real racing in 5 minutes :cool:

More points from that last race than the previous 6!!!! Winning is cool :cool:

BatRacer: Edge of your seat stuff. :cool:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    0h yeah - Pole Position! who could forget that? I think I had that on on the 2600 too.....
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio