Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts

SEAT looking for rule break

This from Autosport:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60218

I don't know what's wrong with how things used to be. If a manufacturer entered a model that had fundamental flaws as a racing car, they just had to put up with being unsuccessful. Yet today they expect to be helped by whichever championship they are in. We've seen this with the Abt Audis in the DTM, Chevrolet in the WTCC, and now SEAT in the WTCC as well. I hope the BTCC continues to resist SEAT's pressure on this point.

The trouble is that every championship now needs as many manufacturers as possible, hence the examples of bowing to the teams' demands. Personally, I'm uncomfortable with it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not much changes at seat, they've been bleating about how rules should be changed to suit them since they entered.
    The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't see what Plato's complaining about. So his car is a little slower than others in a straight line? It's hardly affected them this season with 5 wins, 2nd in the Drivers' Championship and 2nd in the Teams' Championship. If SEAT end up getting a rule break why not Kerry's BMW or the BTC Lexus?
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think alan gow hit the nail on the head when he said that Seat are paying the price for a lack of winter development of the leon. As a Plato fan I want him to win but I don't understand why he needs to moan about things they are still doing rather well in the championship and I still think he will win the title.

He is starting to sound like matt neal and team dynamics when things don't go there way!!
    Look out I have been to the Jason Plato school of driving. I take no prisoners!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Manufacturers seem to think nowadays they can be lax (or is that cheap?) when it comes to developing the car, yet they'll still get to win races thanks to the championship organisers slowing others down or whatever to help them do so......disgraceful!

Even Seat admit the Leon isn't well suited to the rules.......why did they build it in the first place then!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Fair enough when there was a question mark over the equality of BTC and S2000 spec cars; but now that all the front-runners have the same equipment then there's no case for a rule change.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Surely there can't be that much of a problem if he's only second by one point. The racing should take place on the track not off it IMHO

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's not exactly a terrible problem is it? Both drivers have won in that car. Just Plato doing the usual complaing when he doesn't do very well...blah..

Seat aren't exactly the team having the worst time out there, are they?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlexD
    It's not exactly a terrible problem is it? Both drivers have won in that car. Just Plato doing the usual complaing when he doesn't do very well...blah..

Seat aren't exactly the team having the worst time out there, are they?
    exactly my point personally, i think plato is just kicking off because he's second being beaten by a car that is new this year

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    What?! This is ridiculous!! Read this quote from Scott Dennis:

"It is recognised in the World Touring Car Championship that the car has drawbacks and they look at ways of addressing that...it's frustrating to have our hands shackled."

Did Audi get any compensation when they changed from 4WD to 2WD, or when Peugeot re-entered in 2001? No, their cars weren't good enough to win - that's their fault, not the BTCCs! Don't use the Leon if it's not suitable for a touring car!!!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.