Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The LC70 is the LMP1 car, I was on about the LC75, which looks to be basically an update on the C65. During the LMS it was not on the same sort of pace as the Radical and Lola, despite that Belomono was running it, an they are a decent team. The Courages in P2 seem to only get the results when the faster cars brakedown. I cant emembre how the Courage fared in the ALMS this year whilst it was running, but certainly wasnt a match for the Penske's and Intersport cars. RML, ASM and, to an extent, Intersport have all proven that the Lola is a very fast car and Rollcentre have done the same with the Radical. These are the two customer cars hat I expect to be challenging the Porsche.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Porsche killed Intersport, Intersport was way off pace from Porsche last year and they only won the class when the Porsches brokedown. RML has been a much better team with the Lola than Intersport was. but Clint Field is also young and inexprienced, while I believe Liz won't be returning to the team.

I'm also interested in how good the Dome Chassis will run in P2 next year
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Dome are staying in P1, with Jan Lammers Racing For Holland staying as the works team.

As for Intersport, true they werent on the pace of the Porsches, but they didnt exactly have top drivers and they were still faster than the Courages when they turned up.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    t2m-motorsport will drive a Dome in P2 in the LMS

http://www.t2m-motorsport.com/main_n.htm
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    p1 is dead if Dyson goes to p2. Within a year, the prototype class will be what we call P2's now. I think a major rethink must be made on what the ACO and ALMS/LMS want for a sustainable prototype class. I think the p2 cars are fine, but having a few Audi's pounding around by themselves isn't going to keep Audi happy. I think one competitive class for Prototypes in the end make more sense, but I have my doubts how it will all shake out.

It used to be p1 was the most fun and p2 was for privateers who couldn't cut it with the big teams. Now p2 is going to be the most competitive class. After watching the Porsches storm around just a tick or two behind the R10's at Mosport last summer, I can say the racing just maybe BETTER this year....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not only P1 but also GT1, they are in serious danger of falling, at least the P2 will have a great year in 2007, with 4 porsches against 3 new acuras
    Subaru World Rally champion...in 2008 :D

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Subaru, how you figure GT1 is dead? Pratt and Miller are not going anywhere, neither are the Aston's. Will the Ford GT make an appearance? Will privateer Ferrari's show up? Will someone give the Viper the rules changes they need to be competitive? GT1 could be better, but the moves up in Prototype land will not change GT-1.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Have Chevrolet decided to stay in the ALMS rather than move to the LMS then? I knew they were considering it as they werent happy with the constant rule changes and were waiting to see how this years rules would look before comiting beyond Sebring (which I'm guessing was a foregone conclusion on entry).

And the little I've heard of the Dorans Ford GT project suggests that it could be aimed at GT3 rather than 1.